Where can I buy Peak Design cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2020 6:32 pm
[OP]
Jun 6, 2018
232 posts
168 upvotes

Where can I buy Peak Design cheaper?

I really want to get 5L Peak design sling bag, but paying $130 for it may be a little excessive. Any place you guys may know to buy with a discount? (I already tried kijiji....)
29 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1076 posts
61 upvotes
Their products do go on sale periodically. They had 20% off a couple times last year.

If you don't need a bag right now, hang tight. If you do, then bite the bullet and pay the extra $26.

I have the 5L sling - great bag for sure.
Oct 20, 2013
51 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
They were 20% off during boxing day at Henrys. Their gear is pretty solid so I'd say it's worth the price. But I'm sure you could find something close to it's quality. I'd suggest checking out some youtube reviews for several opinions
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2299 posts
338 upvotes
North York
You can put them on your watchlist @ Amazon. They do go on sale periodically
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1906 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Buying used is the only way to get significant discount. Peak design products are well made and it is not easy to 'break' or 'worn out'
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
zero_ wrote: Peak design products are well made and it is not easy to 'break' or 'worn out'
Serisouly... I have been abusing mine for a year and still looks like new...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8143 posts
1341 upvotes
Montreal
kangmlee wrote: Serisouly... I have been abusing mine for a year and still looks like new...

Bought the Sling 5L when it was 20% off at Henry's...

I caved and bought the Sling 10L in Black with My Flickr Pro 20% Off Discount Code direct from the Peak Design Website...

LOL!!!

They ship out from their Mississauga Warehouse so no Customs or Duties...
May 9, 2006
238 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
There is a clone of the bag on Aliexpress, both the 5L and 10L, but who knows what kind of quality we are talking about here.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3560 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote: Bought the Sling 5L when it was 20% off at Henry's...

I caved and bought the Sling 10L in Black with My Flickr Pro 20% Off Discount Code direct from the Peak Design Website...

LOL!!!

They ship out from their Mississauga Warehouse so no Customs or Duties...
Any comment about both the sling? I'm looking to get one of them for my hasselblad 500CM while I bike. I already have the 30L backpack but was hoping to go a bit lighter
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19944 posts
4531 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Peak Design is like Apple/ Bose and almost never goes on sale. That said, I've seen the following discounts:
Boxing Day
Black Friday
Older revisions of PD products on B&H Flash Sales

As for myself, I found a good sale on a Tenba bag and I'm very happy, saving 50%+ chief l compared to PD.
MoonDoggy wrote:
Any comment about both the sling? I'm looking to get one of them for my hasselblad 500CM while I bike. I already have the 30L backpack but was hoping to go a bit lighter
I would not store expensive camera gear on my back whilst cycling. One crash and your stuff could be seriously damaged.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Aug 10, 2004
503 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
shoot, looks like it was limited time. It comes back often. I'll try to keep my eyes open for the next sale!
bhrm wrote: ??? Is this sale over? One day only?

I MISSED IT.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4538 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
bhrm wrote: ??? Is this sale over? One day only?

I MISSED IT.
Probably a Canada Day sale.... IIRC they had a sale during May 24 weekend. Just sit tight for stat holidays and they're bound to have another one... If not the August Civic Holiday (Caribana) weekend, then Labour Day in September
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Jul 12, 2010
469 posts
76 upvotes
Another option if you in the Toronto area... Profusion the photography expo... in like OCt or nov ish... I picked up a bunch of PD stuff last year like 25% off I feel
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2633 upvotes
andy28 wrote: Another option if you in the Toronto area... Profusion the photography expo... in like OCt or nov ish... I picked up a bunch of PD stuff last year like 25% off I feel
So farrrr away. ...
Aug 10, 2004
503 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
there are some good deals on the original everyday bags right now. The cheapest I've seen the 5L sling was $100 but they're selling off old stock now since they introduced a new line.

5L sling $77.97
https://www.amazon.ca/Design-Everyday-S ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

Everyday messenger 13" $173.97
https://www.amazon.ca/Peak-Design-Every ... NrPXRydWU=

It seems to be the cheapest on Amazon right now but check a few other sources to make sure. Peak Design's own website has 40% off the original everyday line and 20% off the new line. (I don't know about their taxes and duties though). Henrys and Vistek also carry their stock.

I'm debating getting the 13" messenger but not sure if it's too heavy for daily use just as a laptop bag to and from work.