Sports & Recreation

Where can I do some recreational fishing?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2014 8:35 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
50 posts
6 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

Where can I do some recreational fishing?

My girlfriend and I want to rent a small boat for a couple hours, and go fishing. She has some experience with fishing but I dont have any. Anyone know where we can do this, possibly in the GTA? Also, do we need to get any fishing licences/boating licenses? Thanks.
6 replies
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
Yes and yes. You both need a fishing license and a boat license. Unless you are over 65 then no you don't need a fishing license.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
50 posts
6 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Thanks. I heard you can get a fishing license from canadian tire. But I would like to go to a place that rents canoes preferably. Don't need a license for that :)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2089 posts
391 upvotes
skairforce wrote: My girlfriend and I want to rent a small boat for a couple hours, and go fishing. She has some experience with fishing but I dont have any. Anyone know where we can do this, possibly in the GTA? Also, do we need to get any fishing licences/boating licenses? Thanks.

Keswick @ cooks bay I believe the rental place is called Harrys

or Lake Couchiching - Blue Beacon Marina.

or
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2089 posts
391 upvotes
skairforce wrote: Thanks. I heard you can get a fishing license from canadian tire. But I would like to go to a place that rents canoes preferably. Don't need a license for that :)

canadian tire, can even get it online.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7240 posts
2826 upvotes
GTA
window21 wrote: Yes and yes. You both need a fishing license and a boat license. Unless you are over 65 then no you don't need a fishing license.
I don't think you need an operators license for rented powerboats.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)