Shopping Discussion

Where can I find inexpensive Switch games?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2017 3:08 am
[OP]
Jun 26, 2009
14 posts
Montreal

Where can I find inexpensive Switch games?

I was told that my post was better if I posted it here (not sure I 100% agree; I would like to post in the where can I find what I am looking for section of this forum):

Hello the RFD (Red Flag Deals) community. My brother and I are looking to buy inexpensive Nintendo Switch games but everywhere we look, there are $70-80. We have looked at Best Buy, Amazon, EA Games and more. We even checked eBay and found some for under $50 but when you add the shipping, it comes out to the same thing. We do not mind buying used (in very good condition with the packaging & manual) but you only save $10. We were looking for under $50. Anyone have any ideas? Would have to be online or at physical store location (we are in Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
Thanks all.
Images
  • Nintendo Switch 375x500.jpeg
4 replies
Sep 8, 2013
658 posts
241 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
First off: Hot Deals is for posting good finds for items on sale or otherwise discounted. Since you are just asking a question, it should be in a discussion forum. I think this is the right place to post.

If you aren't too attached to your games you can always buy and sell. For used games, redflagdeals BST thread/Kijiji/eBay are all good places to look. You can usually get $15-20 off prices, maybe more if you include tax when buying brand new. Selling games you've finished or don't like will allow you to recoup a lot of money.

You will hardly find any deals when buying new. However, I suggest keeping your eye on the video games section of RFD hot deals. A couple months back during E3 Walmart had $50 brand new Switch games.

An ongoing deal for Amazon Prime members is 10% off pre-orders and orders up to two weeks after release (I think). It used to be 20%, but they recently changed it.

If you want to buy digital versions, since the Switch is Region-free, you can buy from the US version of the eShop. Most of the time the prices are better than Canada. It's also really easy to find discounted US eShop gift cards. Be careful when buying from others though, as it may be dangerous if the seller isn't reputable.
Aug 21, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
davidbrucerfd wrote: I was told that my post was better if I posted it here (not sure I 100% agree; I would like to post in the where can I find what I am looking for section of this forum):

Hello the RFD (Red Flag Deals) community. My brother and I are looking to buy inexpensive Nintendo Switch games but everywhere we look, there are $70-80. We have looked at Best Buy, Amazon, EA Games and more. We even checked eBay and found some for under $50 but when you add the shipping, it comes out to the same thing. We do not mind buying used (in very good condition with the packaging & manual) but you only save $10. We were looking for under $50. Anyone have any ideas? Would have to be online or at physical store location (we are in Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
Thanks all.
I think it's just way to knew still.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2006
1226 posts
215 upvotes
Hey guys, anyone know where I can get gold bars for half price?

The Switch is a brand new console and that comes with games that have brand new prices.. you should have expected that before purchasing the system. And used games are pretty much always only $10 less. Why? Because you have no other purchase option; where is the incentive for the retailer or seller to sell the item way, way cheaper when they don't need to? They sell fine barely below the new price so that's where they will stay for a while.

Maybe consider a PS3 or XBox 360.
Holdin' it down like a fat kid on a see-saw.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3765 upvotes
Vancouver
davidbrucerfd wrote: I was told that my post was better if I posted it here (not sure I 100% agree; I would like to post in the where can I find what I am looking for section of this forum):

Thanks all.
I believe when PS4 was released (and xbox 1), there also weren't too many deals for a while. If you're looking for deals, you probably got to wait till black friday before you start seeing some sales. Don't expect first party games to be on sale tho (unlikely to be sub $50, might be $10-20 off). Nintendo generally keeps their first party games @ regular price for a long time (as proven via Wii/WiiU).