Food & Drink

Where can I get a good, old-fashioned cheese danish these days in Toronto??

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2018 5:35 pm
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
910 upvotes
Toronto

Where can I get a good, old-fashioned cheese danish these days in Toronto??

I love these things but in the last 10 years they've disappeared. All I see now are beef patty shaped, mass produced, 2 bite things with a tablespoon of cheese and a drop of strawberry jam. What happened to the round, dinner-plate sized danishes of my childhood?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8668 posts
2595 upvotes
Mississauga
I used to buy the cheese danish (blueberry and cheese) at Baguette. They used to be everywhere with the best one at Eaton Centre.

You might want to try Brioche Doree these days.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1582 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know if they sell this...There is a amazing Danish Bakery in the East York area... They have been their for decades.....I grew up going to the place..They have amazing pies.... Pape Avenue south of Cosburn...
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4001 posts
562 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Raggie wrote: I used to buy the cheese danish (blueberry and cheese) at Baguette. They used to be everywhere with the best one at Eaton Centre.

You might want to try Brioche Doree these days.
Yup, my parents used to pick up blueberry and cheese danishes for us from Baguette at Union Station on their way home from work. They were pretty good for a franchise.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8668 posts
2595 upvotes
Mississauga
BD006 wrote: Yup, my parents used to pick up blueberry and cheese danishes for us from Baguette at Union Station on their way home from work. They were pretty good for a franchise.
I loved the Eaton Centre location. They served the best pasta salad with bits of ham and cheese in it, roast beef sandwich, croissant and danishes... I could go on....
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.