Off Topic

Where can I recycle or donate my old HP inkjet printer?

[OP]
Feb 10, 2018
216 posts
38 upvotes

Where can I recycle or donate my old HP inkjet printer?

I have a HP Photosmart 6520 that I don't use anymore & since I have got a laser multifunction recently, I am thinking to either recycle or donate it since I don't think I can get anything out of it.

Are there any places in Toronto GTA that can do electronics recycling or take donations?
25 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1959 posts
1240 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Just wait until the schools open up and donate to them for furtherance to a needy student.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1488 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
I believe you can drop it off at Best Buy, there's a spot for electronic wastes.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
2823 posts
1575 upvotes
You have these green enviro boxes at the shopping centers. Just drop it off.
Mar 6, 2015
620 posts
41 upvotes
how about value village?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1531 posts
173 upvotes
Oakville
cybercavalier wrote: how about value village?
+1
Or goodwill, or salvation army.
Suggesting to leave a couple of empty pages inside the printer... :)
Mar 6, 2015
620 posts
41 upvotes
KosMos wrote: Suggesting to leave a couple of empty pages inside the printer... :)
Why leave?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1531 posts
173 upvotes
Oakville
In case if someone wants to quickly test the printer :) (dont know about this particular one, but many printers have some sort of diagnostics mode, when they can print something out without need to be connected to computer) ...
[OP]
Feb 10, 2018
216 posts
38 upvotes
KosMos wrote: In case if someone wants to quickly test the printer :) (dont know about this particular one, but many printers have some sort of diagnostics mode, when they can print something out without need to be connected to computer) ...
Well, I never really bothered to top up the printer ink so I think it would be useless.
Apr 1, 2015
309 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I would just put in at the curb. Someone would pick it up pretty quick.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3974 posts
717 upvotes
Scarborough
I also have a similar question. I have some electronics and a few computer parts that are not working that id like to recycle responsibly. Best buy used to have a drop off but not anymore due to corona. Anyone know of any alternatives?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1485 posts
1093 upvotes
GTA West
binarynumber wrote: Well, I never really bothered to top up the printer ink so I think it would be useless.
Who would want to spend $65 on a new cartridge to find out if your printer still works? You have something for the landfill.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5276 posts
2568 upvotes
Mississauga
Terabithia wrote: I would just put in at the curb. Someone would pick it up pretty quick.
That’s what I’ve been doing with household things I don’t need/want anymore. So far they’ve all been picked up by someone.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3934 posts
1232 upvotes
WFH
rcmpvet wrote: Just wait until the schools open up and donate to them for furtherance to a needy student.
The last thing a needy student needs is the cost of running an inkjet printer. Do the world a favour and send it to recycling or landfill.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1959 posts
1240 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
dirtmover wrote: The last thing a needy student needs is the cost of running an inkjet printer. Do the world a favour and send it to recycling or landfill.
Different strokes for different folks.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"