Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2009
1056 posts
251 upvotes
Montreal

Where can I sell these tiles?

I tried kijiji but did not sell. Any suggestions on where to sell them?

For sale. 15 boxes (3 tiles each). Never used, 14 sealed boxes 1 unsealed. Currently selling at home depot @$23 a pack + taxes.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... /_27_2.jpg

Thanks for your help.

John
Last edited by redflag5050 on Aug 30th, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1485 posts
500 upvotes
Brampton
If you have bought them from HD then you can take them back and get a store credit instead of refund
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2009
1056 posts
251 upvotes
Montreal
dealerguy wrote: If you have bought them from HD then you can take them back and get a store credit instead of refund
I wish. Bought more than a year ago from Reno depot.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
I got some laminates, hardwood and tiles at my home right now as well that are unused by the previous owners. I'd donate them to ReStore building supplies.

You have quite a few boxes though. How come?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2009
1056 posts
251 upvotes
Montreal
Brookside05 wrote:
You have quite a few boxes though. How come?
A kitchen project that never got done. Daughter gave them to me to dispose of.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2624 posts
1615 upvotes
Alliston, ON
You can still take them back to Home Depot provided they sell the exact same tiles... You'll only get in store credit though.....
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16993 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
schade wrote: You can still take them back to Home Depot provided they sell the exact same tiles... You'll only get in store credit though.....
Why would OP return to HD if they never originally came from HD? If OP went through with that, it would be an abuse of their lenient policy.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
472 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
redflag5050 wrote: I tried kijiji but did not sell. Any suggestions on where to sell them?

For sale. 15 boxes (3 tiles each). Never used, 14 sealed boxes 1 unsealed. Currently selling at home depot @$23 a pack + taxes.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.subw ... 70135.html

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... mere/3.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... mere/2.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... mere/4.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... re/1_2.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... re/1_1.jpg

Thanks for your help.

John
your links don't work but if you are asking any more than 1/2 of retail on kijiji you're not going to sell anything.
also with tile, unless someone's project is less than or equal in size to the amount you are selling they probably won't use them because the colors won't match as they are unlikely to be from same factory run.
signature removed for inappropriate content
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2009
1056 posts
251 upvotes
Montreal
t3359 wrote: Why would OP return to HD if they never originally came from HD? If OP went through with that, it would be an abuse of their lenient policy.

bjl
I have a receipt from 2 years ago. I never entertained the idea of a return.Even if I can get store credit, I wouldn't return them.
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
If the SKU is the same as the HD SKU, just return and get a store credit. How many years ago you bought it is irrelevant.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
Rocko24 wrote: If the SKU is the same as the HD SKU, just return and get a store credit. How many years ago you bought it is irrelevant.
At what point does this site start banning these idiots condoning fraud? What's acceptable? Is allowing talks about how to steal cars acceptable? what about encouraging people to commit violent crimes? Rape? I'm curious where the line is.

This site's blind eye towards encouraging crime is getting infuriating...and does nothing but penalize us honest consumers.
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: At what point does this site start banning these idiots condoning fraud? What's acceptable? Is allowing talks about how to steal cars acceptable? what about encouraging people to commit violent crimes? Rape? I'm curious where the line is.

This site's blind eye towards encouraging crime is getting infuriating...and does nothing but penalize us honest consumers.
Returning a product to a store that will place the item back on the floor for sale is equivalent to rape....got it.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1149 posts
503 upvotes
HRM
redflag5050 wrote: For sale. 15 boxes (3 tiles each). Never used, 14 sealed boxes 1 unsealed. Currently selling at home depot @$23 a pack + taxes.

There are many local facebook buy/sell and auction groups.

I have (re)sold tons of stuff this way. It's easier and since people are local they tend to follow-through and not stand you up, like on K or CL.

The other thing to consider is asking price. People buying 'used' won't be paying anywhere near you HD retail price. Try asking $5 a box or a buck a sheet and you may get some action. Otherwise, they will become a fixture in your garage or you will have to pay to dump them somewhere.

Good luck.
Aug 18, 2014
602 posts
383 upvotes
Markham, ON
redflag5050 wrote: For sale. 15 boxes (3 tiles each). Never used, 14 sealed boxes 1 unsealed. Currently selling at home depot @$23 a pack + taxes.
1 box/pack = 1sqft
$23/box = $23/sqft....

Why would anyone pay $23/sqft for some peel and stick "sticker" when the real subway tile is like...1/10th the price!?? We bought some white 3x6 subway tile for about $2.50/sqft!!
You can probably hire a professional and install a real subway tile for less than $23/sqft..(assuming the area is not too small)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16993 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
Rocko24 wrote: Returning a product to a store that will place the item back on the floor for sale is equivalent to rape....got it.
Well then, there should be no problem if you went to HD customer service and told them the real story then.

OP can try going back to Reno Depot and telling them that they don't have a valid receipt - they may give store credit (although OP already said they wouldn't want store credit).

Alternatively, they can be donated to Habitat for a tax receipt. You get to write down the estimated value of the materials and that'll be used to calculate the receipt.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
Rocko24 wrote: Returning a product to a store that will place the item back on the floor for sale is equivalent to rape....got it.
Are you paying the salary of the person putting them back on the sales floor? Are you paying the salary of the person at the returns counter? Are you compensating the store for the loss of profits stemming from someone who chooses this product offering no monetary gain to the business versus choosing something with a mark-up?

What you are doing is fraud plain and simple. Trying to defend and justify your opinion is only making you seem like a dumb fraudster instead of a plain fraudster.
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Are you paying the salary of the person putting them back on the sales floor? Are you paying the salary of the person at the returns counter? Are you compensating the store for the loss of profits stemming from someone who chooses this product offering no monetary gain to the business versus choosing something with a mark-up?

What you are doing is fraud plain and simple. Trying to defend and justify your opinion is only making you seem like a dumb fraudster instead of a plain fraudster.
So are the 95% of contractors that return every little thing they find on the job site to HD....everything. But that is none of my business....

Anyways, I am not defending it...just stating what the reality of the situation is.

If you dont like it or agree with it, dont do it, simple as that. Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
May 28, 2007
451 posts
196 upvotes
Peterborough
HD doesn't mind because they can sell the product and gaurentee more profit when the OP buys product for his next project. It's actually win-win and part of their business model.
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
Curioprop wrote: HD doesn't mind because they can sell the product and gaurentee more profit when the OP buys product for his next project. It's actually win-win and part of their business model.
Dont say that!!!! What you are suggesting is EVIL and FRAUD! You will go to jail and be responsible for HD's eventual bankruptcy and demise!!!!!!! How dare you suggest he returns products that HD currently SELLS for a store credit that will be used back at HD!!!!

lolz lolz
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6284 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
At what point does this site start banning these idiots condoning fraud? What's acceptable? Is allowing talks about how to steal cars acceptable? what about encouraging people to commit violent crimes? Rape? I'm curious where the line is.

Cas77 wrote: Are you paying the salary of the person putting them back on the sales floor? Are you paying the salary of the person at the returns counter? Are you compensating the store for the loss of profits stemming from someone who chooses this product offering no monetary gain to the business versus choosing something with a mark-up?

Your posts are pretty over-the-top -comparing a dishonest act ( not sure if it's a crime...can you be fined or jailed for it?) to serious and violent crimes. There are much bigger problems in the world that you could direct your anger and passion at. Life's too short to get so infuriated over something like this. As George Carlin put it "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

As for the question - I agree with others it's probably best to donate to Habitat for Humanity or the like as you will probably have a hard time finding a buyer. If you put it up for free on Kijiji it will be gone in 30mins lol