Where can I use Bell visa gift card?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 10:03 pm
[OP]
Jan 25, 2019
113 posts
92 upvotes

Where can I use Bell visa gift card?

I received a $50 Bell visa gift card after switching over to their services. Card is loaded and activated but I'm unable to use it at Walmart or on Amazon.

Anyone know how or where this can be used?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19759 posts
4359 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Was the Walmart attempt an online purchase? You might have to register it online with a postal code or something, otherwise online purchases will fail.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
[OP]
Jan 25, 2019
113 posts
92 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Was the Walmart attempt an online purchase? You might have to register it online with a postal code or something, otherwise online purchases will fail.
It was in-store at Walmart. Amazon purchase failed too.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21038 posts
14986 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kiraly wrote: Try paying your cell phone bill with it.
Or use it at The Source (which Bhell owns.)

If for some reason they won't accept their explanation should at least provide some free entertainment.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3266 posts
1802 upvotes
desiredusername1989 wrote: I received a $50 Bell visa gift card after switching over to their services. Card is loaded and activated but I'm unable to use it at Walmart or on Amazon.

Anyone know how or where this can be used?
What kind of error did you get (i.e. declined due to insufficient fund)? If you look at the back of the card, does it say it is issued by Peoples Trust? If it is, then it is most likely a Vanilla prepaid card. Then you should be able to check the balance on the card online.
Are you trying to buy something more than the value on your card(I.e. $50)? If you are, then you have to tell the cashier, you only have $50 on the card so she has to enter $50 first to use your card, then pay the rest on a different payment method(I.e. credit card, debit or cash).
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2449 posts
1742 upvotes
Toronto
desiredusername1989 wrote: It was in-store at Walmart. Amazon purchase failed too.
Load the $50 into your amazon account by buying a gift card use your visa to pay for that transaction.

If you have a car prepay for your gas with an attendant.

Keep in mind these cards have a maintenance fee if you got it a while ago you might have less than the $50 you think which could be leading to the declines.
[OP]
Jan 25, 2019
113 posts
92 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: What kind of error did you get (i.e. declined due to insufficient fund)? If you look at the back of the card, does it say it is issued by Peoples Trust? If it is, then it is most likely a Vanilla prepaid card. Then you should be able to check the balance on the card online.
Are you trying to buy something more than the value on your card(I.e. $50)? If you are, then you have to tell the cashier, you only have $50 on the card so she has to enter $50 first to use your card, then pay the rest on a different payment method(I.e. credit card, debit or cash).
I've only tried using the card for purchases less than $50 and still declined due to insufficient funds even though account login shows full balance remains. Card is issued by Home Trust.
[OP]
Jan 25, 2019
113 posts
92 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: Load the $50 into your amazon account by buying a gift card use your visa to pay for that transaction.

If you have a car prepay for your gas with an attendant.

Keep in mind these cards have a maintenance fee if you got it a while ago you might have less than the $50 you think which could be leading to the declines.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!