Where can we buy hand sanitizer now?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 4:47 pm
Sep 15, 2012
670 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto

Where can we buy hand sanitizer now?

Seems like it’s sold out everywhere. Checked shoppers Walmart.

Should we make our own? How effective is that? Apparently it’s just 99% rubbing alcohol mixed with aloe Vera gel and some drops of an essential oil for the scent.
180 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Just put rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle and spray down your hands. Then put some moisturizer on if you need it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
Just wash your hands with soap.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9214 upvotes
Vancouver
Dollar store has spray on alcohol.

$1.25 for 70% 100mL.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Was just in Home Hardware here and they have plenty for impulse buyers according to the sign at the checkout.

And supermarkets are continuing to refill their complimentary hand wipes dispensers at the entrance.
Always a good idea to wipe down the handle of your cart or basket, pandemic or not.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
136 posts
71 upvotes
I have 40 percent hydrogen peroxide. Is that strong enough? It bleaches hair so might be too strong.
Adding Aloe vera might dilute alcohol.
Last edited by Carcross on Mar 11th, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 15, 2012
670 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
GhostBusters wrote: Just wash your hands with soap.

Yeah that’s a great option. Thank god we have sinks equipped with soap by every public door in the city and pretty much everywhere you would have public contact.

Especially at gas stations. I love the fact that you can just wash your hands in the sink by the gas pump as soon as you finish filling up.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
136 posts
71 upvotes
kesleaf wrote: Yeah that’s a great option. Thank god we have sinks equipped with soap by every public door in the city and pretty much everywhere you would have public contact.

Especially at gas stations. I love the fact that you can just wash your hands in the sink by the gas pump as soon as you finish filling up.
Do you mean the windshield cleaner fluid? That's what I use but it is cold water. And if others do the same????
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9214 upvotes
Vancouver
Carcross wrote: Do you mean the windshield cleaner fluid? That's what I use but it is cold water. And if others do the same????
Not only is methanol in washer fluid ineffective as an antiseptic, it's toxic because it is absorbed through the skin.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Canadian Tire has a bunch right by the entrance, I assume all stores are stocking it
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12577 upvotes
Markham
Lesson learned: follow the sheep next time.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
Spinner wrote: Not only is methanol in washer fluid ineffective as an antiseptic, it's toxic because it is absorbed through the skin.
+1
Just to repeat,

Do not use methanol , methyl hydrate, windshield washer fluid, etc as a hand sanitizer or even as a regular sanitizer.

It’s toxic and you can absorb thru your skin. Spraying it onto surfaces can result in vapour concentration in excess occupation health and safety limits

And on top of all that, it doesn’t even sanitize very well when compared to IPA
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
smartie wrote: Lesson learned: follow the sheep next time.
Buy 500 rolls of toilet paper?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
They gotta use the TP for their PeePee and PooPoo.
jackrabbit000 wrote: 8 million things to buy and people are stockpiling toilet paper for a year. Go figure. To you guys/gals doing this? I want to know WHY THE F* YOU DO DAT?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: They gotta use the TP for their PeePee and PooPoo.
What? 10 times a day. I did not realize that with the introduction of coronavirus people have a very healthy BM so many times a day. Here is a perfect topic for someone doing their dissertation in psychology.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Can ya'll stop hoarding TP for people that really needs it? I need to wipe my butt!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 10, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
I bought one from Asian Food Center in Brampton (Wanless Dr). They are selling Germs Out Hand Sanitizer for $8 (65% alcohol, 230 ml). They seem to have plenty in stock tonight. You can check if you live closeby.....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)