Request-A-Deal

Where can we buy hand sanitizer now?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2020 4:51 pm
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2003
907 posts
288 upvotes
cahk wrote: "greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol" is fine
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... giene.html
Hey - thanks for that clarification!

The ethanol stuff seems to be what is available right now... but man does it stink like cheap Tequila!!!

I feel like a cop would go to town on me if he smelled that sanitizer in my car :P.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
5992 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
Last time I was at Walmart it was around 4pm and they had tons of hand sanitizer near where it normally is (first aid area, with small bottles in the travel area). They were out of Lysol wipes but the nearby Dollarama had plenty.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3501 posts
1655 upvotes
Vancouver
Plenty of stock around me, in GVA, unlike the other 1L one. Don't have a picture atm, it's not online, and the bottle I got is somewhere in my car. It doesn't have the pump, just a normal bottle with a press cap.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=67045600054
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
1781 posts
570 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Thanks! Need to restock for 2nd wave
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7808 posts
1011 upvotes
TO
I wonder if the ones called out CDC and HealthCanada the ones exported from a factory in mexico are in supply at Canadian stores/markets -

btw: has anyone bought/used the new sprays they have in SDM/Dollarama? Thinking of a use case why the gel/standard ones would be replaced by the sprays. Genuine question here.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6228 posts
1138 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: I wonder if the ones called out CDC and HealthCanada the ones exported from a factory in mexico are in supply at Canadian stores/markets -

btw: has anyone bought/used the new sprays they have in SDM/Dollarama? Thinking of a use case why the gel/standard ones would be replaced by the sprays. Genuine question here.
Not sure but I do know that I’ve seen ‘hand sanitizer’ for sale at RCSS and Walmart recently that didn’t have NPNs. I did a quick search on Health Canada’s site and they didn’t show up. You’d think that buyers would ensure that they are buying legitimate product to stock on their shelves?! I thought about reporting the two products to Health Canada and letting the company’s head office know, but the I just couldn’t be bothered.

Buyer beware!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7808 posts
1011 upvotes
TO
amz155 wrote: Not sure but I do know that I’ve seen ‘hand sanitizer’ for sale at RCSS and Walmart recently that didn’t have NPNs. I did a quick search on Health Canada’s site and they didn’t show up. You’d think that buyers would ensure that they are buying legitimate product to stock on their shelves?! I thought about reporting the two products to Health Canada and letting the company’s head office know, but the I just couldn’t be bothered.

Buyer beware!
hmm, thanks, I'll keep an eye out not to buy those, when you say didn't had NPN's you mean a consumer couldn't look them up on the Govt websites to ensure they're fine to use?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
14140 posts
14742 upvotes
Oakville
TorontoEh wrote: I wonder if the ones called out CDC and HealthCanada the ones exported from a factory in mexico are in supply at Canadian stores/markets -

btw: has anyone bought/used the new sprays they have in SDM/Dollarama? Thinking of a use case why the gel/standard ones would be replaced by the sprays. Genuine question here.
I prefer the sprays, easier to spread around and control how much you get out.
The reason they weren't there before is because demand for them was so high that they were harder to find. They also likely cost more than just a flip cap.
TorontoEh wrote: hmm, thanks, I'll keep an eye out not to buy those, when you say didn't had NPN's you mean a consumer couldn't look them up on the Govt websites to ensure they're fine to use?
Yea, if there's no NPN then it's not licensed, so who knows what's in there.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7808 posts
1011 upvotes
TO
engineered wrote: I prefer the sprays, easier to spread around and control how much you get out.
The reason they weren't there before is because demand for them was so high that they were harder to find. They also likely cost more than just a flip cap.


Yea, if there's no NPN then it's not licensed, so who knows what's in there.
Eeks Grimacing Face thanks for the heads up. Will stick to compliments brand or the big brands
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6228 posts
1138 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: hmm, thanks, I'll keep an eye out not to buy those, when you say didn't had NPN's you mean a consumer couldn't look them up on the Govt websites to ensure they're fine to use?
Legally, certain products must bear a DIN or NPN on their label for them to be allowed to make certain claims about the product. These two that I saw (I saw one again today at No Frills...I think the brand was Wish) didn’t have NPNs. At first I thought, okay maybe it’s a labelling mistake. But when I conducted searches on Health Canada’s website, neither Brand was listed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7808 posts
1011 upvotes
TO
engineered wrote: I prefer the sprays, easier to spread around and control how much you get out.
The reason they weren't there before is because demand for them was so high that they were harder to find. They also likely cost more than just a flip cap.


Yea, if there's no NPN then it's not licensed, so who knows what's in there.
Eeks Grimacing Face thanks for the heads up. Will stick to compliments brand or the big brands
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent

Top