• Jan 30th, 2021 8:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36155 posts
10272 upvotes
Ottawa

Where did Travel Thread Go???

"Canadian government to force incoming travelers into hotels for quarantine at your expense"

Where did that thread go??? Lots of good discussions in it.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36155 posts
10272 upvotes
Ottawa
That sucks. That is the 2nd or 3rd one to go there. I cannot read that Forum. It should go to Off Topic.
Who decides it is controversial???
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9516 posts
4721 upvotes
Markham
Pete_Coach wrote: That sucks. That is the 2nd or 3rd one to go there. I cannot read that Forum. It should go to Off Topic.
Who decides it is controversial???
Everything related to Covid is controversial ;)
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36155 posts
10272 upvotes
Ottawa
smartie wrote: Everything related to Covid is controversial ;)
I disagree.
Covid is the most important thing in our environment and lives at this time. There may be (an dare) differences of opinions but so was the Emergency Measures Act and curfews and such but they should be open for discussion by everyone, not a select few in a closed forum.
Banned
Jan 26, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: I disagree.
Covid is the most important thing in our environment and lives at this time. There may be (an dare) differences of opinions but so was the Emergency Measures Act and curfews and such but they should be open for discussion by everyone, not a select few in a closed forum.
It does not follow the political objective of the moderators and owner of this forum. And I will probably be banned for saying this.

I feel everything has been politicized ever since trump got elected 4 years ago. Even COVID is politicized when it should be about ending it. I don't know of any country that deals with COVID in a non political way and for non political gains. People lose their jobs or are being discriminated against a job if their political views are known.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36155 posts
10272 upvotes
Ottawa
Mantamoray wrote: It does not follow the political objective of the moderators and owner of this forum. And I will probably be banned for saying this.

I feel everything has been politicized ever since trump got elected 4 years ago. Even COVID is politicized when it should be about ending it. I don't know of any country that deals with COVID in a non political way and for non political gains.
That seem s to be the case in all forums, not just travel
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9516 posts
4721 upvotes
Markham
Pete_Coach wrote: That seem s to be the case in all forums, not just travel
Yes and a lot threads were moved to off topic from hot deal, shopping discussion.... since I believe last March

Those threads can be easily derailed

But I have to admit the said thread is not that controversial and political comparing with others in off topic