• Feb 6th, 2018 3:04 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 29, 2010
394 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto

Where do you buy your furniture?

Looking to browse through some more furniture stores this weekend, as I'm moving into a new apartment this week.

I don't mind going to Ikea for the little things, but I really hate when you can tell exactly where something is from, I'd it to be more personalized, you know?

Anyway, here are some stores I've checked out so far:

- Ikea
- Structube
- Urban Barn Oulet (crazy good deals)
- Wayfair

Any one-off places that would be good to go browsing through today? Mainly looking for living and dining room stuff (coffee table, lounge chair, dining table, buffet, etc).
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1393 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
If you have a bad boy near you I find they have decent furniture and good sales.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8172 posts
2806 upvotes
Maple
Bombay
Chesterfield
Leons
Ikea
Sep 9, 2013
625 posts
460 upvotes
Ottawa
Costco is your best bang for your $
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1257 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
Dont look at Restoration Hardware.....
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2655 posts
455 upvotes
when I was young, I bought most of my stuff from IKEA, their stuff looks nice and all, but not very durable long term (particle boards)

when we got marry, we bought our bedroom set from Bombay and a few items (always on sale), good solid furniture

now, we get most of our stuff from Costco, good solid furniture and really good price especially when its mark down for clearance
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1581 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
Pottery barn, Crate and Barrel
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10115 posts
1537 upvotes
Pretty much Urban Barn and Crate and Barrel, if you like their style.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2010
394 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
alucky17 wrote: Mobilia
Checked out their site. I've been reading mixed reviews, but they have an Eames replica for like $800, that's pretty damn good. I'd appreciate any feedback from someone who bought one (their "Elliot" chair).
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3481 posts
1259 upvotes
Woodbridge
Costco because of the return policy, though the selection is somewhat limited and always changing, and I've had quality issues with the less expensive items which is why the return policy is key.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9517 posts
2077 upvotes
Somewhere
Homesense
Costco
EQ3
West Elm
Structube
Ikea
Kijiji
Etsy
:confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2773 posts
928 upvotes
Windsor
Do you want something nice? Might want to try mennonites, if you have any closeby. You'll spend some cash, but you'll have something good.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Have you tried looking at Ikea hacks? It's amazing what people do with their basic Ikea furniture. You can find what you like at Ikea, research any upscaling or hacks and you can indivdualize your Ikea purchase. For instance, the things people have done with the simple LACK table is amazing!
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2476 upvotes
Mobler
Finesse
Restoration hardware
Revolve furnishings

And if your apartment is in the ghettos, then you can also try

The Brick
Leon’s