Pets

Where do you get the cheapest cat litter deal online ?

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 11:53 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal

Where do you get the cheapest cat litter deal online ?

As title, I got two cats and I changed my litter every week, it is kind of costly and I am looking for an economical solution, anyone ?
6 replies
Newbie
Apr 30, 2020
56 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
i second using wood pellets!
a bag is like $7. for 2 cats it lasts about 3 weeks for me. so only about $10 a month for 2 cats.
I sift out the sawdust and top up the pellets every few days.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
2158 posts
807 upvotes
Edmonton
Again for the wood pellets.. got the sifting box system, one bag lasts 5 months for one cat.
A real no brainer
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
coriolis wrote: Wood pellets?


https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/soft ... 2778p.html


I'm using Worlds Best for my two cats, its definitely on the expensive side, been meaning to change to wood pellets for a while. I still have a few bags left when I get them on sale (approx $30 for a 28lb bag).
resare wrote: i second using wood pellets!
a bag is like $7. for 2 cats it lasts about 3 weeks for me. so only about $10 a month for 2 cats.
I sift out the sawdust and top up the pellets every few days.
walleye*guy wrote: Again for the wood pellets.. got the sifting box system, one bag lasts 5 months for one cat.
A real no brainer
Do you use hardwood or softwood pellets? Or maybe it doesn't matter
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2018
767 posts
538 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Do you use hardwood or softwood pellets? Or maybe it doesn't matter
I use hardwood pellets. I read some stuff that said softwood (pine) pellets (the dust) can cause cancer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
2158 posts
807 upvotes
Edmonton
Softwood.........
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....

Top