• Dec 11th, 2008 11:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes

Where does one find Fountain Pen Ink?

So, ok I admit I am a sucker for the old-world charm, but it seems I cannot locate this thing anywhere. I have a nice Parker Fountain from England, and I would very much like to use it. But it seems that none of my local stationary shops/bookstores or Staples carries it.

Have people stopped using fountain pens altogether? Anyone have any insight?

Also, please I am looking for good quality stuff, not some cheap brand that will clog up my pen.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5655 posts
149 upvotes
New Westminster
We got a shaeffer calligraphy pen for one of our children ... and while staples had the insert cartridges, they were pretty pricy. We ended up just ordering a dozen or two refills from www.misterart.com.

I get them shipped to a mail box place in the US and go down and pick them up, so I don't know if they would ship into Canada (or even if they have your product) but you can always check.
May 13, 2005
98 posts
If you're in the GTA, you can pick up a good assortment at Sleuth and Statesman. If you're in Vancouver, Vancouver Pen is good.

I tend to order on-line - www.swisherpens.com is a great source, and they're having a 10% off sale right now (use HOLIDAY -- or maybe HOLIDAYS -- at check-out). I love the Noodler's line -- their black is fabulous, rich and waterproof, and they have a great selection of really vivid colors.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
willietheshakes wrote: If you're in the GTA, you can pick up a good assortment at Sleuth and Statesman. If you're in Vancouver, Vancouver Pen is good.

I tend to order on-line - www.swisherpens.com is a great source, and they're having a 10% off sale right now (use HOLIDAY -- or maybe HOLIDAYS -- at check-out). I love the Noodler's line -- their black is fabulous, rich and waterproof, and they have a great selection of really vivid colors.
Thank you. I am in New Brunswick so unfortunately those stores are out of question. Alas, I wanted to buy something locally but it seems online might be the only way to go. Thanks for the website suggestion. I will check them out.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4205 posts
87 upvotes
Do you have a Grand and Toy near you?
They should carry it...