• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 7:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
567 posts
193 upvotes
Brampton

Where to find cheap Landscape Boulders?

I want an inexpensive landscape boulder for my front yard. it is not for decoration but to stop the out of control vehicles and their moron drivers who don't drive properly on icy streets.
I guess I will have to get it delivered as these are too risky and heavy to transport in a car.
Where can I get it from?
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6022 posts
6250 upvotes
Toronto
You'd not paying for the boulder, you're paying for the delivery and placement.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8427 posts
3006 upvotes
Maple
Those boulders are very very very heavy. People can not pick up/load and drive home with their cars.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2015
1110 posts
480 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I got a fake boulder for our front landscape that looks like the real thing, just cheaper and so much easier to carry.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1129 posts
1280 upvotes
ckay1980 wrote: I got a fake boulder for our front landscape that looks like the real thing, just cheaper and so much easier to carry.

Not going to stop a car which is the intention of OP - probably lives on a T intersection and it has happened before
<signature length too long>
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17166 posts
19074 upvotes
Oakville
superscoots wrote: Not going to stop a car which is the intention of OP - probably lives on a T intersection and it has happened before
Well, he could set some concrete filled steel posts inside the fake boulders :)

Trees are also great at stopping cars, but take time to grow large enough.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5104 posts
4050 upvotes
I'm confused - how will a landscape boulder on your property stop ROAD traffic?
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10621 posts
5914 upvotes
Paris
My buddy got some of these for his backyard in 2002ish. $1000 per boulder. The rocks arent expensive, the massive truck and skidsteer to deliver them are.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17768 posts
15231 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
hierophant wrote: I'm confused - how will a landscape boulder on your property stop ROAD traffic?
See Reply # 5

Icy streets ... cars going too fast skidding out of control / path of traffic

OP either lives at a T intersection ... or in the curve of a crescent
Mar 8, 2009
91 posts
47 upvotes
The Great White Nort…
luking wrote: I guess I will have to get it delivered as these are too risky and heavy to transport in a car.
May 15, 2020
121 posts
73 upvotes
Thornhill ON
Technically, you can buy one from a stoneyard. Not sure though if they install it for you. Perhaps hiring a landscaping contractor and letting him do it is the way to go. Do not expect it to be cheap though.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14261 posts
9027 upvotes
Markham
Elephant stone IIRC....also great for taking out the slope in sloped yards vs making retaining walls.

You need someone who has equipment (bobcat).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
567 posts
193 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks for replying everyone. Looks like I will have to visit some stoneyard places and haggle