• Dec 19th, 2016 7:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
6 posts

Where to find Crawfish in GTA

Where to find Crawfish in GTA??
doesn't matter is fresh,frozen or precook...

thanks!!
16 replies
Sep 20, 2009
41 posts
Dude, the last time I was in Louisiana they were the ******* bomb.
Like little mini lobsters, but juicy and sweeter.
OMG just thinking about it makes me hungry.
IMO, the real thing (live) is worth sourcing out from the southern states, and shipping them overnight.

I was down there during the jazz fest, live music everywhere.
Tried deep fried alligator tail too ~ tastes like chicken.
Drank beer like a fish $1 beers everywhere!
Bourbon street is 1000 times crazier than our downtown nightlife.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
6 posts
Amazing_Deals wrote: Dude, the last time I was in Louisiana they were the ********* bomb.
IMO, the real thing (live) is worth sourcing out from the southern states, and shipping them overnight.

im gonna get them tomorrow :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8879 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing_Deals wrote: Dude, the last time I was in Louisiana they were the ********** bomb.

agreed. If you get GOOD crawfish they tastes just like mini lobsters. Best ones I had were in HK
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
6 posts
CHINAdeals wrote: agreed. If you get GOOD crawfish they tastes just like mini lobsters. Best ones I had were in HK
lol.....same here..i looking for them cuz i had them in hk this summer!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
547 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I have heard that a species of larger than norm crawdaddy has been introduced in Ontario streams, and is a pest and predator.

Some enterprising teenagers should catch them and sell them.

I have caught and cooked a few small Ontario crayfish, and they are very good, just too small.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
6 posts
jayt90 wrote: I have heard that a species of larger than norm crawdaddy has been introduced in Ontario streams, and is a pest and predator.

I have caught and cooked a few small Ontario crayfish, and they are very good, just too small.
where u caught them??i want to try hunting them too....
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2509 posts
243 upvotes
Whitby
jayt90 wrote: I have heard that a species of larger than norm crawdaddy has been introduced in Ontario streams, and is a pest and predator.

Jayt90, you should follow the herons around on my lake up north to find where they hunt. They were crapping the biggest crayfish shells I've ever seen on my raft this past summer!
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
6 posts
Dr Butcher wrote: Jayt90, you should follow the herons around on my lake up north to find where they hunt. They were crapping the biggest crayfish shells I've ever seen on my raft this past summer!
can you guys tell me wheres the exact location you guy saw them...cuz im quite new to canada an not so familiar with the places and i want to have a trip with my family...or maybe "google map" it??....million thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43376 posts
6604 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
tom_6030 wrote: where u caught them??i want to try hunting them too....
Don't do it... its highly illegal and considered "poaching".
So unless you have the proper permit, and do it during the proper season, it is illegal.

Canadian Game Wardens have very high powers of arrest. They could take your car and belongings away merely on the suspicion of poaching.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
547 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
tom_6030 wrote: can you guys tell me wheres the exact location you guy saw them...cuz im quite new to canada an not so familiar with the places and i want to have a trip with my family...or maybe "google map" it??....million thanks
I caught the small ones in the Sydenham river, which runs from Strathroy to Wallaceburg. They hide under rocks in shallow areas.

The newly introduced large ones from the southern U.S. have been found in northern Ontario streams, say anywhere from Bancroft or the Kawarthas, and further north.

If you do go foraging, check the laws with the Ministry of Natural Resources.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4113 posts
181 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: agreed. If you get GOOD crawfish they tastes just like mini lobsters.
QFT. And actually, they may be even tastier and more tender.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)