• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2019 12:37 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2013
179 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver

Where to find Jasmine plant

I've been looking around and no flower shops have any Jasmine plants. Maybe it's not the season? I was told you can keep Jasmine's indoors all year so I figured I would find it pretty easily.

Anyone know where to pick one up? Just a small pot would work!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I should add I am located in Vancouver, BC
Last edited by Krytical on Feb 6th, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5926 posts
5112 upvotes
Any nursery should carry it but I don't think you'll have much finding one this time of - wait until the spring and you should be able to pick up easily one by then.

Yes they keep all year round but only bloom once a year (provided it has ideal conditions)...I didn't have much luck getting those intoxicating blooms - the one time I did was so short-lived.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2013
179 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah that's too bad... Yeah I might have to eventually wait until Spring comes to pick some up. I was going to check out my local gardening shop but I doubt they have any as well. Thanks!
May 13, 2007
187 posts
85 upvotes
Lake of the Woods, N…
Krytical wrote: Thanks for the links! Sorry, I forgot to include that I'm in Vancouver, BC.
I noticed that from your details but both these companies ship plants anywhere in Canada. Not sure they would ship at this time of year, however. My wife has bought from Richter for many years. We have a 10 yr. old Laurel (bay leaf) and many outdoor plants from Richter. Her Jasmine from Richter (a few years back) didn't survive long after receiving it. We more often go to Sage now. I also checked Bylands as they are more local to you but didn't get as result for Jasmine. They are a huge wholesaler for all of Canada.
Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way.
Apr 3, 2018
207 posts
151 upvotes
Too early for Jasmine. You have to wait untill spring to get them. Many Chinese supermarket and garden center carry it.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2013
179 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
tooluser wrote: I noticed that from your details but both these companies ship plants anywhere in Canada. Not sure they would ship at this time of year, however. My wife has bought from Richter for many years. We have a 10 yr. old Laurel (bay leaf) and many outdoor plants from Richter. Her Jasmine from Richter (a few years back) didn't survive long after receiving it. We more often go to Sage now. I also checked Bylands as they are more local to you but didn't get as result for Jasmine. They are a huge wholesaler for all of Canada.
Oh I see! I'll keep an eye on those places, thanks!
theposter wrote: Too early for Jasmine. You have to wait untill spring to get them. Many Chinese supermarket and garden center carry it.
Yeah... I'll probably look around a bit more but don't expect to find anything. I went to TnT a few days ago but no stock. Maybe later they will have it.
Jan 3, 2005
708 posts
129 upvotes
Lowes has them in the spring. Also as already mentioned a lot of Asian places carry them.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1273 posts
632 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought a small pot from Rona, where all the indoor potted plants are. I even collect the flowers and put them into tea. It flowered abundantly over the summer. It's been in front of a sunny window all winter and is starting to get some new growth now that the days are getting longer.
Jun 30, 2009
680 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't forget the VanDusen Garden plant sale in April. But I hear it's a bit of a zoo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)