Health & Wellness

Where to find N95 Masks

[OP]
Nov 10, 2014
88 posts
19 upvotes
Windsor, ON

Where to find N95 Masks

Hi All, I know N95 masks are impossible to find these days but I need some for home renovation work. As of today, Sept 16, 2020 does anyone know where I can buy N95 masks or what website should I be looking at when inventory does become available again. Thank you!
103 replies
Apr 10, 2019
440 posts
872 upvotes
Ottawa
You need to hit up drywall supplier stores. All the drywallers these days can't find disposable masks so they're using a 3M half-face respirator (~$30) something like this https://www.uline.ca/BL_1092/3M-Half-Face-Respirators and disposable N95 filters (~$3 but sold in bulk) something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/10PCS-Particulate ... 9716560011 and a pair of cartridges ($20)

Fairly easy to find since most people don't want to look like even more of an idiot than wearing a disposable N95 in public.

Disclaimer I'm a contractor and this is the only thing they've been using since March.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2235 posts
1750 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
I havent found any N95 for ages, but have seen the KN95 at a lot of places. I got mine at Costco
Last edited by Macx2mommy on Nov 30th, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1626 posts
809 upvotes
Canada
Nov 17, 2018
136 posts
81 upvotes
Just purchased 3M 8511 from https://bcfasteners.com, $44.05 / 10 pieces, grand total after shipping and taxes.
It has a valve, so I have to put a surgical mask on top of it to protect the people around.

From the 3M website: This respirator can help reduce inhalation exposure to certain airborne biological particles, such as mould, Bacillus Anthracis, and Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, but it cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease.

Other places I've recently seen disposable N95 respirators (to check from time to time):

https://www.globalindustrial.ca/
https://canada.newark.com/
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2206 posts
563 upvotes
In Hiding
Global Industrial: my order which was supposed to be shipped 22 Sept now has no estimated delivery date. When I chatted with them, the rep told me that the dates on the website for shipping by postal code are wrong, and that several people had complained. He wrote that he will tell the webmaster to change this. My order shows shipping is a week out as the date moves forward one day at a time but no shipping notification so that means nothing is coming in the near future.
Nov 18, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
@blueraindrop Hi, Blueraindrop, did you order from newark canada? I placed an order for some 3M8210s, on the website it is said shipment would begin on the week of Nov 2. Now it has slipped to Nov 9. Is their ETA reliable? Thanks
Nov 17, 2018
136 posts
81 upvotes
nyfbber wrote: @blueraindrop Hi, Blueraindrop, did you order from newark canada? I placed an order for some 3M8210s, on the website it is said shipment would begin on the week of Nov 2. Now it has slipped to Nov 9. Is their ETA reliable? Thanks
No, I haven't ordered yet from them.
Nov 18, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
Hi, has anyone received the 3M8200 from globalindustrial if they ordered them back in september? I saw the item was relisted as instock, but yesterday I contact the CS rep of the US website (CAN was not available during weekend) they said that they are not sure, since its directly shipped from manufacturer, but she saw in her system that the ETA was around Nov 6. If anyone has received it, how long did it take from placing order to shipping? Thanks
==========
P.S.: I contacted the customer service of globalindustrial, they said that the earliest optimist ETA is Dec 31 this year...
Last edited by nyfbber on Nov 2nd, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 18, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
The ETA of 3M8210 plus on newark Canada has slipped to Feb 9, 2021. Disappointed But Relieved Face3M is producing around 95 millions of N95 masks per month, yet it still could not meet the demand...
Nov 18, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
There are some reports of counterfeit KN95 masks: https://kanecountyconnects.com/2020/04/ ... rketplace/. Especially items made in this shape/form, they could be manufactured by the same machine, but with a lower grade filtering material (melt blown cloths electrostatically charged) which could only filtre 90% 0.3um particles (since there's also a KN90 standard in China) or some even lower grade melt blown cloths which could filter even less. Without specialized tools, as consumers we cannot measure their efficiency. If these KN95 were counterfeit, it will only protect others (as cloth masks) but won't protect the wearer. Therefore the safest way is to buy 3M made in USA (or soon the made in Canada version, I heard they built production lines in ON) or The KN95 that were imported by proper companies with proper certifications and verified by Health Canada....
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11221 posts
2245 upvotes
Anyone have more information about these 3M 8210 N95?

Manitoba paid U.S. company $13M USD for N95 masks that failed fit testing requirements, lawsuit claims
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5787771
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4183 posts
2142 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: I also found these at my local dollarama for $4 per mask nearby the checkout
Dollarama carries two different brands (Mirage and Medicare) of KN95 masks for $4 each. I found the Medicare fit my face better than the Mirage brand.

Earlier this week, I stopped by Walmart and saw that they sell KN95 masks as well. Didn't catch the name brand, but they go for $4.98 for a 2 pack.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3004 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Dollarama carries two different brands (Mirage and Medicare) of KN95 masks for $4 each. I found the Medicare fit my face better than the Mirage brand.

Earlier this week, I stopped by Walmart and saw that they sell KN95 masks as well. Didn't catch the name brand, but they go for $4.98 for a 2 pack.
Do you wear your mask one timeÉ
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4183 posts
2142 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: Do you wear your mask one timeÉ
I wear my N95 and KN95 masks one time only. I specifically save these more expensive masks for my medical appointments at hospitals and clinics etc. Since I spent a fortune on stupid PPE this year, I also wear my non-medical disposable blue masks only once as well simply because I have enough.

The only masks that I wear more than once are my reusable/washable cloth masks which I have at least ten of them.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4259 posts
4443 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: I wear my N95 and KN95 masks one time only. I specifically save these more expensive masks for my medical appointments at hospitals and clinics etc. Since I spent a fortune on stupid PPE this year, I also wear my non-medical disposable blue masks only once as well simply because I have enough.

The only masks that I wear more than once are my reusable/washable cloth masks which I have at least ten of them.
Why only one time? I go through a rotation of 3 N95 masks and have been using the same 3 since the beginning. As long as you're very careful with the straps so the mask retains a tight fit and you leave them for 3 days after you wear them so COVID-19 can die off, then that's good enough.

Using a N95 mask once and then disposing it is a bit silly to me but maybe I'm missing something?

-------------

OTOH, thanks for providing the list upthread for places to buy N95s. What is a good vendor in the list that will actually ship out/ 3M made N95s?
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Banned
Oct 19, 2020
7 posts
11 upvotes
Lots of places have KN95s for a decent price now!
Dollar stores, gas stations - picked up a few at round $4 per piece
Nov 18, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
BYD care is now selling all its products with 20% off. Including its NIOSH certified medical level N95 (with greenish splash resistant non-woven cloth) (not KN95 which has earloops rather than headband).
https://bydcare.ca/store/ols/products/n95