• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2010 10:18 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1898 posts
189 upvotes

Where to find Shiba Inu?

Although I don't have the capabilities to own one, I really want to know where i may get one.

Does anyone know roughly how much they are, and if there are any breeders in GTA?
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2017 posts
245 upvotes
My cumpare has one. It cost 6K.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
no breeders in the GTA

avoid Niagara "brokers" they are not breeders and they source puppies from the US. although AKC, most come from puppy mill central, aka missouri.

also avoid gemstar. a lot of their dogs end up in Shiba Rescue because the owners are not skilled enough to raise their dogs which are not bred for temperament. good challenge for yourself though if you're a strong pack leader.

wyzguys and shyguys are good choices.

check out toronto shiba inu meetup group at http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Shiba-Family/ for advice on raising a shiba. they are not a typical dog. one of the rarest dogs on earth and thus have their quirks.

not recommended for first time dog owners, but you will be ok if you do lots of reading on dog training and dog psychology. cesar millan's teachings work very well but you must understand the theory behind his methods and perfect your timing and intensity.

typical costs these days should be $800 to $950.

there is shiba meetup tomorrow at sunnybrook park at 10am. come on out and say hi.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Damn! I want one now! When my gf and I get our own place, we want to adopt a kitten and a puppy so that they grow up together and be friends instead of mortal enemies.

I read through that link, it didn't say anything about getting along with felines...?
Jun 16, 2005
534 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote: Damn! I want one now! When my gf and I get our own place, we want to adopt a kitten and a puppy so that they grow up together and be friends instead of mortal enemies.

I read through that link, it didn't say anything about getting along with felines...?
http://www.shibainucanada.com/so_you_want.htm
How are they with cats?
Surprisingly good... but remember that this is also an individual personality trait - not ALL Shibas may accept ALL cats. If a cat runs, a Shiba will chase it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)