Shopping Discussion

Where to get document Notarized

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2021 7:48 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 25, 2019
97 posts
20 upvotes
Steeles, ON

Where to get document Notarized

Where does one get a document notarized for a fair price in GTA?

I called one place and they want $25/signature for 8 signature which seems crazy high.

The last time I had to get a notary was in the US and I paid $2 per signature. That is not a typo, it is $2/signature in the US and Banks will even do it for free.
Last edited by yojowo on Feb 25th, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 3, 2014
3104 posts
2704 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
yojowo wrote: The last time I had to get a notary was in the US and I paid $2 per signature. That is not a typo, it is $2/signature in the US and Banks will even do it for free.
Well go to the US then.
Things are different in different places. It happens. I recall coming to Canada from my homeland and was surprised I couldn't get signatures witnessed for legal documents right there at the courthouse. But that's the way you do it here. $25/signature is kinda dumb, but you did only call one place. If you don't have a lawyer already, make a few more calls to Notaries Public. They're in the phone book.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
21261 posts
19595 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ALLCAPS wrote: Well go to the US then.
Things are different in different places. It happens. I recall coming to Canada from my homeland and was surprised I couldn't get signatures witnessed for legal documents right there at the courthouse. But that's the way you do it here. $25/signature is kinda dumb, but you did only call one place. If you don't have a lawyer already, make a few more calls to Notaries Public. They're in the phone book.
This

The price you are coming across is the “walk in off the street” price
The never to be seen again rate

Not the ... my family lawyer / client price

If you are old enough to need legal documents signed
Then you are old enough to write a will
And establish a relationship with a lawyer as your legal advisor
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4705 posts
4414 upvotes
Toronto
It's easy to Google "notary public" and your city and review the prices of the results. First result for Toronto gives you a price of $8 each for 7-9 documents. Just look it up yourself.
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2011
694 posts
476 upvotes
jm1 wrote: It's easy to Google "notary public" and your city and review the prices of the results. First result for Toronto gives you a price of $8 each for 7-9 documents. Just look it up yourself.
Common, please don't make people work, When RFD army is ready to do the work...lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2004
6386 posts
7123 upvotes
Edmonton
I had to get 14 documents notarized recently. Cheapest I found was $20 for the first page, then $10 for the rest. But that still seemed high to me. Eventually I called some small law offices (run by 1 single person) and eventually I found someone to do all 14 pages for $100.

They did a very good job too. Went full on with the sicker with their notary embosser. Some notaries dont want to use a sticker cause they are cheap but it makes it look way nicer.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2242 posts
2074 upvotes
Ottawa
One of my best friends is a lawyer and notary public. She makes me take her out for lunch or a drink.

But that doesn't help you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 23, 2008
1859 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Does it have to be a notary or is a commissioner of oaths acceptable? You can get it done for free if it's the latter.
Newbie
Jan 31, 2017
30 posts
29 upvotes
Try going to your Consulate. I got a certified copy from the German Consulate in Vancouver for 10Euros = 15CAD$.

Top