2221 posts
1511 upvotes

Where to get dry ice in Toronto?

7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29374 posts
14877 upvotes
Assuming you have a Praxair they (should) have dry ice.
There's a MOQ though and it's not very cheap.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6861 upvotes
Toronto
High Park in Toronto...the Grenadiar restaurant in High Park has dry ice. Ask for Tony. He'll hook you up, but it's not cheap!!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2134 posts
1855 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I got some from Praxair in Stoney Creek for a recent camping trip. Price was $2/lb however the guy gave me some kind of deal, $40 for approx 30lbs split between 2 coolers.

I have no idea what you need it for, but if its for a camping trip, I would suggest getting a better cooler and just buying the regular block ice for $3/block.

coleman-cooler-awesome-cooler-great-pri ... a-1778231/
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6861 upvotes
Toronto
rob187 wrote: I got some from Praxair in Stoney Creek for a recent camping trip. Price was $2/lb however the guy gave me some kind of deal, $40 for approx 30lbs split between 2 coolers.

I have no idea what you need it for, but if its for a camping trip, I would suggest getting a better cooler and just buying the regular block ice for $3/block.

coleman-cooler-awesome-cooler-great-pri ... a-1778231/
Well said. Dry ice is not cheap.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29374 posts
14877 upvotes
rob187 wrote: I got some from Praxair in Stoney Creek for a recent camping trip. Price was $2/lb however the guy gave me some kind of deal, $40 for approx 30lbs split between 2 coolers.
Yeah I don't know why it's so expensive up here. Apparently it's dirt cheap in the US. Widely available too.
If you have the freezer room you could go to the dollar store and buy those gel packs.
It's a little more than $3/block in terms of volume but they're reusable.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6861 upvotes
Toronto
One good reason for Dry Ice:
In the summer months, if anyone is running an ice cream business with carts or ice cream bikes, dry ice is a must to keep the ice cream cold a lot longer than an ice pack would.
Many special event places have no place to plug a cart in.
Health inspectors are very strict. They like to see dry ice. Otherwise they lecture on the urgent matter of replacing ice packs frequently.
Oct 25, 2006
576 posts
76 upvotes
any Dj supply store can point you in the right direction
Perfect eBay Feedback