Home & Garden

Where to get a Foundation Crack Repair Kit?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2016 7:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3303 posts
904 upvotes
GTA

Where to get a Foundation Crack Repair Kit?

Hey all, so we recently noticed a foundation crack. It is very thin, about fingernail width, diagonal (more horizontal), so non-structural. When watering the plants just above it or heavy rainfall, a tiny bit of water does trickle in.
Some quick research shows us that Epoxy or Polyurethane are the materials used for repair jobs like this, and ultimately the concensus seems to be that for tiny width cracks like this with leakage polyurethane is the better of the two.
So we have been looking around, and can't really seem to find many Canadian places selling Foundation Crack repair kits. The only thing I've found is this low rated kit from HomeDepot.
So I was wondering if anybody else knows where (or what) else I can look. Read some comments from old thread here about contacting concrete companies, but it seems overkill for this. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Edit: I found this DIY Injection kit, best thing I've found so far.
4 replies
Apr 4, 2006
137 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Homedepot sells Sika Fix PU and other Sika products (which you linked to)

I've used it a few times with positive results... you just have to put enough fast set mortar so that no material escapes when injecting (key is to inject slow)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6662 posts
2987 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Rona has as well [in area where have different concrete bags], Canadian eh :)

Check that outside grading proper and seal any windows as needed.