Home & Garden

Where to get quality high thread count bed sheet sets?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 8:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes

Where to get quality high thread count bed sheet sets?

In true RFD fashion Im willing to wait for a sale, but where does everyone get one?

I was browsing through the Bay and BBBeyond earlier and the 1000s thread count ones have terrible reviews. Im now wondering if there is a more reliable source.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6413 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham
JYSK
Walmart
HomeSense
Winners
Ones
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Dec 26, 2006
900 posts
37 upvotes
You could check out brooklinen. I got a few sets from them few years ago, and they are still very comfortable. It appears to hold up quite well over the years.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1550 posts
673 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Two high end brands are Porthault and Frette. Frette you can get from Wayfair but I can't find a Canadian distributor for Porthault.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1524 posts
1065 upvotes
Ripley
I get mine at Winners/Homesense.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2007 posts
1741 upvotes
GTA
Costco. Kirkland Signature, 680 thread count, it goes on sale tomorrow Face With Tears Of Joy

By far the best bang for the buck.

Do it up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: Yep, I'd recommend them for sure, probably better than some sheets at 3x or 4x the price at the bay, etc.

They go on sale tomorrow, not sure if its an exec coupon or what. But I seen it in the magazine I did.
Awesome. Ill pick up a couple and see how they hold up.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1066 posts
732 upvotes
GTA
The Costco ones mentioned above have some consistent bad and good reviews.
May 12, 2014
972 posts
772 upvotes
Markham, ON
Biscayne05 wrote: In true RFD fashion Im willing to wait for a sale, but where does everyone get one?

I was browsing through the Bay and BBBeyond earlier and the 1000s thread count ones have terrible reviews. Im now wondering if there is a more reliable source.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/she ... /index.htm
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog ... or-sheets/
According to Consumer Reports the best thread count sheets they found was 280. Personally, I've tried 500 and 300 and found the 300 to be much better. Less wrinkly and feels smoother. Also felt like it trapped less heat.

As for the place to buy them, the Bay during their sheet sale or Costco is where I've found good prices.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11389 posts
5760 upvotes
Vaughan
Honestly, the most comfortable sheets you can get are Calvin Klein modal cotton body sheets.

They are not like typical bed sheets material. They have like a comfy cotton undershirt feel, but are also not hot during the summer. Not to be confused with jersey knit type sheets either.

That aside, thread count of higher end hotels are typical 280 to 320 if I recall. So that goes to show it's not just about thread count. quality of yarns, weave, and material matter.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4714 posts
4220 upvotes
Toronto
hob2008 wrote: I have a set of these and will buy another. They are the best sheets ive owned, the corners never come loose from under the mattress, which was always a pet peeve.
Loads of bad reviews on these at Costco - people claiming they wear through. Have people here had theirs for a while?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Honestly, the most comfortable sheets you can get are Calvin Klein modal cotton body sheets.

They are not like typical bed sheets material. They have like a comfy cotton undershirt feel, but are also not hot during the summer. Not to be confused with jersey knit type sheets either.

That aside, thread count of higher end hotels are typical 280 to 320 if I recall. So that goes to show it's not just about thread count. quality of yarns, weave, and material matter.
Where do you get yours?

I bought a couple of the Costco ones and Ill try it. If it ends up being crap Im returning it. Worth the try at $90/pop
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11389 posts
5760 upvotes
Vaughan
Biscayne05 wrote: Where do you get yours?

I bought a couple of the Costco ones and Ill try it. If it ends up being crap Im returning it. Worth the try at $90/pop
Calvin Klein ones, I buy at The Bay when they have sales or if there's a coupon promo that applies to the sheets. Otherwise, they are relatively pricey. They are not sold in sets, but only as separates. If anything, you can always buy pillow cases and see if you like the feel.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5309 posts
5424 upvotes
Ottawa
Thread count is a poor indicator of quality.

If you are looking for high quality cotton sheets, you should be looking for long staple threads. Long staple threads produce a higher quality, stronger and finer sheet. Frette sheets are made from long staple threads and many of their best quality sheets are 300 thread count. Luckily you don't have to pay $1000+ for quality sheets from Frette. LL Bean also has long staple thread sheets with 280 thread count for much less.

We have 100% linen sheets from Crate and Barrel. Love them. Very good quality and linen helps keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. Especially great if you sleep warm (BTW - if you sleep warm a high thread count cotton sheet will exacerbate the problem). Just know that it takes some time to break in linen sheets (they may feel slightly rough when first purchased) and you have to live with the wrinkles.