Food & Drink

Where to go for Anniversary Dinner in Mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2006 11:36 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts

Where to go for Anniversary Dinner in Mississauga?

I have to limit the area to Mississauga only, preferrably between Square One to Winston Churchill. We can't really go too far coz of our two kids who will be left with babysitters. I don't really want to spend too much but something nice and decent and of course, delicious food. We're up for any cuisine but would really like to go to a place with a bit of a romantic ambience. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
30 replies
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts
raptorfan wrote: Canyon Creek at Square One area maybe?
I took her there once and she wasn't too impressed with the food. The ambience is good, though.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
How about 10 Restaurant & Wine Bar at Lakeshore & Hurontario in Port Credit?
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts
mannyb wrote: How about 10 Restaurant & Wine Bar at Lakeshore & Huontario in Port Credit?
What type of cuisine do they serve? Any recommendations with what to order?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm not sure what you would classify the cuisine. Perhaps upscale bistro? It's the same owner as "On The Curve" restaurant beside Square 1. The food is good for a reasonable price.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
Try the Mustard Grille in the Sussex centre. Good food & reasonably priced.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2005
1029 posts
Toronto
There's an authentic Mexican place in Streetsville. Cantina Mexicana. Very good if you like Mexican. Not Texmex or Calmex.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
Barbizon
30 Eglinton Ave. W
Mississauga, ON

http://www.dine.to/barbizon
http://www.dine.to/restaurants/barbizon/weblink.php

Located in the heart of Mississauga, Barbizon Restaurant offers internationally inspired cuisine and an extensive wine list, with an emphasis on quality and presentation. Current menu items include Australian Rack of Lamb; Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Jumbo Prawns; Duo of Duck; Linguini Marinara and Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras. Year round dine in their beautiful sunlit solarium, or during the summer months enjoy their lovely garden patio.

[QUOTE]It is right next (Literally) to Spence Diamonds.

French restaurant, named after a small village near Lyon France. One of the oldest buildings in Mississauga.

Not too expensive, especially if you don't order a $500 bottle of wine. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]i've also been here and i will also say it's a good restaurant. not too expensive too. in the back they have a huge skylight, making it feel like you're outside...kinda like the restaurants in the small towns in France.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
abstract808 wrote: Try the Mustard Grille in the Sussex centre. Good food & reasonably priced.
Oh yeah that's good =D Took the gf there a month ago and the seafood crepe is sooooooooooooooooooo good.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
1144 posts
3 upvotes
North York
Ruth Chris if you like steak!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
somemale wrote: Ruth Chris if you like steak!
Nice steaks cooked in butter ;-) The OP did mention they didn't want to spend too much. RC is a little on the pricey side.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7743 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
abstract808 wrote: Try the Mustard Grille in the Sussex centre. Good food & reasonably priced.

Do they still have good music???

ITA on the food!!
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts
Great suggestions, so far. Seems like Mustard Grille has a following. Barbizon and Terrace on the Green look promising. Ruth Chris is good for me, but the better half is not that excited about steaks. Thanks to everyone who suggested. If you have some more, keep em coming. I'll prolly make reservations by Thursday for our Saturday anniversary.

So far, the Mustard Grille seems to be a place she would enjoy going to.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
Try Michaels Back Door on Lakeshore in Clarkson.
They've been open since 1981, and they've had the same chef since 1984.
I've been there many times and have many friends who have as well.
Great place for an anniversary.

Note: You may want to book earlier than Thursday, for Saturday.

http://www.michaelsbackdoor.com/
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts
mlc2000 wrote: Try Michaels Back Door on Lakeshore in Clarkson.
They've been open since 1981, and they've had the same chef since 1984.
I've been there many times and have many friends who have as well.
Great place for an anniversary.

Note: You may want to book earlier than Thursday, for Saturday.

http://www.michaelsbackdoor.com/
I completely forgot about this place. Friends have mentioned this place before and we've never had to chance to go. Thanks for reminding me!
Jun 26, 2006
248 posts
BTW, I realize that it's an anniversary dinner, but it's also a surprise. She just wants to see a flick and go home. So, it is likely that we will not be dressed up. Most likely, jeans and a presentable upper garment, but nothing fancy. What's the *dress code* for these places?
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
define: presentable upper garment

This is your anniversary, man!!

Tell your wife you're skipping the movie and you're taking to Michaels Back Door, the place all your friends recommend. Dress up a bit and enjoy a great meal! Go see a movie on any other night.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1654 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
but then it would no longer be a surprise.
mlc2000 wrote: define: presentable upper garment

This is your anniversary, man!!

Tell your wife you're skipping the movie and you're taking to Michaels Back Door, the place all your friends recommend. Dress up a bit and enjoy a great meal! Go see a movie on any other night.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)