• Feb 15th, 2016 8:42 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 3, 2007
259 posts
98 upvotes

Where to go for family day where it's not crazy full

Are there any places where it might not be absolutely insane tomorrow? Or I'm just thinking show up with the family right during opening and leave when it gets unbearable?

I'm thinking science center, ago, or rom.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2142 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
We do stuff all throughout the year and most likely aren't going anywhere that is Family Day specific tomorrow. Not much help, but I honestly think what is the point, when it is so busy and none of us would enjoy it.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12636 posts
2725 upvotes
Toronto
Pickering town center or Yorkdale.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
at1212b wrote: Pickering town center or Yorkdale.
Do you enjoy giving out wrong information? Both these malls are closed on Family Day.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12636 posts
2725 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Do you enjoy giving out wrong information? Both these malls are closed on Family Day.
Sorry.. Eaton Center.
Jun 9, 2008
115 posts
280 upvotes
ontario
tk1000 wrote: Do you enjoy giving out wrong information? Both these malls are closed on Family Day.
I don't know, looks like he answered the question to me. Those malls will not be "crazy full"
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2431 posts
590 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I don't know why people feel that they have to go somewhere. Plenty of things you can do at home with the kids that you are really involved with them. We started the day with pancakes that the kids helped make and decorated themselves with all kinds of fruit. Then we made batches of muffins, cookies and banana bread (that is the oven right now and smelling oh so good). The little ones are having their nap now, even my bigger kids are laying downstairs having a rest now.

In between batches in the oven we did a bunch of crafts, some for Valentine's and some for Easter. I laid out some huge rolls of paper and everyone painted using their feet, the kids had a blast brushing paint on each other's feet and we walked all over the paper to 'paint'. They also enjoyed prepping some meals that I have going in my crockpots now. My kids love the chance to do things like baking and talk the whole week before about what they want to make. They pick what to make, help with the shopping etc.

Doing hands on things with the kids to me is more meaningful and builds memories. I would rather spend the day with my family, and not drag them to some place with a bunch of other peoples families. Its like people have no imagination and always need someone else to entertain their kids. OP not saying you are doing that, but listening to some of the people at work its like they are afraid to spend a day home with their own kids.
Apr 10, 2011
861 posts
792 upvotes
I know this is a little late, but the High Park zoo is always fun. You can kill about an hour there, then go for a nice walk. Depending on how old your kids are, there's a nice big playground there too.