Request-A-Deal

Where the hell can I buy a Nintendo Switch?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 11:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4868 posts
1173 upvotes
Abbottabad

Where the hell can I buy a Nintendo Switch?

This thing came out in 2015. Why the heck is it still so in demand?

Looking to buy it with my PC Optimum points but seems like no SDM carries it.

ARgHHhhh!
85 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15194 posts
12350 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Stock comes & goes
And not all SDMs carry tech & electronics to begin with

And yes, a lot of PCO Members scoop them up for resale

Either by redeeming PCO Points for them on Bonus Redemption Events
Or earning Bonus Points with purchase on 20x Points Events

But based on all the various threads on Switches

I don’t believe for a minute ... that they are all gone / never to be seen again in an SDM in the GTA or GVR
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7642 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
High demand, even bestbuy and Amazon doesn't have stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1747 posts
539 upvotes
Edmonton
Shoppers Drug Mart isn't exactly known for selling electronics, so even the stock that comes in is very low. Maybe 1 or 2 at a time. When I was trying to get one, I called every Shoppers Drug Mart in a 7km radius and every single store was out of stock. You can redeem PC Optimum points, indeed, but Shoppers' policy is no returns on electronics so people must be desperate.

If you have a Costco membership, the Costco Switch Bundle is a good deal for what it comes with. $449.99 for a Neon Switch, hard carrying case, 128GB microSD card, and $44.99 valued Family membership for Switch Online. Since it's not on the website, you'd either have to check the store or call the store every morning ("1" for administrative staff).

Otherwise, keep checking the Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, EB Games, The Source, Toys R Us, and London Drugs websites. A RFD user has a stock checking website called StockTrack, and you can use that for quite a few of the retailers that sell the Switch. For Amazon, set up notifications with NowInStock. Most of these stores have reserve and pickup, so you should be doing that, or parcel delivery.
Jan 24, 2016
102 posts
69 upvotes
Just sold my old version of nintendo switch yesterday with 2 physical games for $500.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3147 posts
1303 upvotes
Montreal
iamskyhigh wrote: This thing came out in 2015. Why the heck is it still so in demand?

Looking to buy it with my PC Optimum points but seems like no SDM carries it.

ARgHHhhh!

That's strange. There are tons of them in Montreal Pharmaprix's.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13483 posts
7611 upvotes
Toronto
I'm curious about this too.

I'm looking to buy a Switch console and they seem to be OOS everywhere, and I'm not paying the ransom people are asking on Kijiji or Facebook marketplace.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3356 posts
2041 upvotes
kenze wrote:
That's strange. There are tons of them in Montreal Pharmaprix's.
Because people in montreal don't use 20x or redeem points to buy and resell on kijiji.
Dec 7, 2012
328 posts
621 upvotes
If you have a pile of dream air miles I think circa 7,800 something like that you can order from airmiles site the Pokémon edition (what they call Pokémon) which seems to come with the old version of the console only and extra joycons and games and case and such.

Is it worth it to get the old version of the Console with a lesser performing battery I don’t know? Anyone know if the battery improvements are worth it?
Oct 23, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
sfayerman wrote: If you have a pile of dream air miles I think circa 7,800 something like that you can order from airmiles site the Pokémon edition (what they call Pokémon) which seems to come with the old version of the console only and extra joycons and games and case and such.

Is it worth it to get the old version of the Console with a lesser performing battery I don’t know? Anyone know if the battery improvements are worth it?
Oh I would also like to know if this is worth it! I’ve been trying to get a switch for a few weeks now with no luck! I have the airmiles to get this bundle.
Dec 7, 2012
328 posts
621 upvotes
Let me know if you decided to buy it. I’m on the fence...saving airmiles for flights in “the future”...my kids already use the switch lite so I don’t need this. The bundle does look good though
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3855 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
On a similar note.... where can I buy extra joy con's that are not $100.... not sure why these are so expensive
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13483 posts
7611 upvotes
Toronto
Bestbuy has bundles with the Starlight game in stock online for $415

Edit: now OOS