Request-A-Deal

Where the hell can I buy a Nintendo Switch?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 11:34 am
Apr 8, 2007
718 posts
147 upvotes
call my local store to see if they can hold one for me, they said its selling like crazy.... only 90 left...
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13508 posts
7633 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart Gerrard Square had the Switch Lite in stock tonight
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8154 posts
512 upvotes
The regular Switch, not the Lite one.

Seems to be sold out everywhere.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2355 posts
995 upvotes
Montreal, QC
right now? probably a lone SDM somewhere but otherwise, regular switch is facing a worldwide shortage
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6592 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I was able to find 2 for some friends within 2 weeks. One was Bestbuy and the other EBGames. I just saved all the links to the switch from everywhere in a folder in chrome and loaded it randomly during the day.

I work on computers all day so I do have time to check but they were surprised when I told them I was able to order it for them.

And no I didn't do this to make money. Both parents are in my son class and cannot check every 5 minute like some people do.

So just this to say if you are looking for one don't give up and keep looking. They do restock.
Dec 12, 2013
56 posts
136 upvotes
Anyone know if the walmart stock tracker is accurate? Says some of the stores near me have up to 10 consoles, but i can't reach their stores.

Looking to buy one for a friends birthday, but do not want to support the scalping practice. Please let me know if you have any tips or tricks.
Sep 14, 2008
25 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
ZuesArete wrote: Anyone know if the walmart stock tracker is accurate? Says some of the stores near me have up to 10 consoles, but i can't reach their stores.

Looking to buy one for a friends birthday, but do not want to support the scalping practice. Please let me know if you have any tips or tricks.
Sounds similar to the numbers I’m seeing in the Mississauga / Brampton / Oakville area... If so, the two Brampton locations I went to in person were sold out, the online stock data showed 5-10 for them. The curious thing is I noticed one of their counts drop from 9 to 8 just this morning. 🤨 So I thought for sure the number was live and not miscounted.

Oakville I called and they were OOS even though online it says they have 10+.

These were from today. So I think the numbers reflect incorrect stock, like maybe stolen or relocated, and they haven’t updated their system. Neutral Face
Dec 12, 2013
56 posts
136 upvotes
Agent M wrote: Sounds similar to the numbers I’m seeing in the Mississauga / Brampton / Oakville area... If so, the two Brampton locations I went to in person were sold out, the online stock data showed 5-10 for them. The curious thing is I noticed one of their counts drop from 9 to 8 just this morning. 🤨 So I thought for sure the number was live and not miscounted.

Oakville I called and they were OOS even though online it says they have 10+.

These were from today. So I think the numbers reflect incorrect stock, like maybe stolen or relocated, and they haven’t updated their system. Neutral Face
That was my experience as well with the places i phoned in Mississauga and Toronto.

Might be a long waiting game...
Dec 9, 2009
22 posts
4 upvotes
Grande Prairie
Where can I get a new Nintendo Switch (not Lite) online? Everywhere I search (Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, The Source, London Drugs, Toys R Us, EB Games) is sold out. The only place I can seem to find one is on Ebay for twice the price or more! I don't want to spend more than regular retail price. Who has them in stock?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15235 posts
12402 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Benhermies wrote: Where can I get a new Nintendo Switch (not Lite) online? Everywhere I search (Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, The Source, London Drugs, Toys R Us, EB Games) is sold out. The only place I can seem to find one is on Ebay for twice the price or more! I don't want to spend more than regular retail price. Who has them in stock?
Shoppers seems to be a popular source ... see it’s not in your list
Esp when they have a PCO 20x the Points Event on, or a Bonus Redemption Weekend
(I say this cuz there are literally dozens of threads on this SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM about them )

Overall ... Switch threads come up in general every few weeks
This was the last thread
london-drugs-has-nintendo-switch-2370125
Last edited by PointsHubby on May 16th, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1748 posts
539 upvotes
Edmonton
PointsHubby wrote: Shoppers seems to be a popular source ... see it’s not in your list
(I say this cuz there are literally dozens of threads on this SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM about them )

This was the last thread
Shoppers is not a good source unless you have tons of PC Optimum points to blow. They only get like one or two in stock at a time, and no returns for electronics.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15235 posts
12402 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tablo13 wrote: Shoppers is not a good source unless you have tons of PC Optimum points to blow. They only get like one or two in stock at a time, and no returns for electronics.
I don’t know ...
I was just throwing it out there

You are talking redemption
Isn’t a 30% SAVINGS due to Cash Back in points during a 20x event still a good deal
Certainly seems to still be driving a lot of folks to post here on RFD about it
$ 300 x 15 x 20 = 90,000 Points ($ 90 Value)
$ 90 that can be spent on stuff you need anyhow ... like Groceries

Trick tho might be finding one
I get that
They were always hot items at SDM
But now even more so during Covid
Guess they are pretty scarce everywhere

* And not understanding the return comment
If you want it bad enough ... why would anyone want to return it ?
Feb 3, 2019
164 posts
120 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote: Shoppers seems to be a popular source ... see it’s not in your list

This was the last thread
Shoppers is also the hardest store to track them down in. No online store for them and can’t track stock online which means you are either left to visit/call SDM to ask if they have any in stock. Most of the time, staff doesn’t know and says no or is too lazy to check and say no (since they are kept in the back isually)