Automotive

Where to install car blind spot sensor in Vancouver (Canada)?

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2021 12:03 pm
[OP]
Jun 8, 2018
3 posts
vancouver

Where to install car blind spot sensor in Vancouver (Canada)?

Hi,

I want to install radar blind spot sensor into my Toyota Prius, I live in Vancouver (Canada), does anyone know where to install it? Around how much? Thanks.
6 replies
Sep 25, 2018
841 posts
1543 upvotes
Toyota may do it, who knows. Or any garage will probably do it.

The sensors will cost anywhere between $100 to $400 each, multiply by 2 because you need 1 on each side. Prices are from ebay. I don't know what the installation process is like. If it's anywhere similar to Civic, the mechanic will need to dissemble the rear bumper, front bumper, and pretty much all of the interior (front mid and rear door trims, carpet, center console, trunk, etc) and reprogramming is required. For labour cost, you are gonna look at $1000+++. Just an estimate from myself, who has no experience in installing such devices.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36249 posts
10402 upvotes
Ottawa
"Where to install car blind spot sensor in Vancouver (Canada)?"

49th and Fraser.
Dec 25, 2006
616 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
alanbrenton wrote: Just adjust your side mirrors properly in the mean time while you are looking for an installer:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a ... ind-spots/
And turn your head to shoulder check when changing lanes :)
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54676 posts
19490 upvotes
warpdwhim wrote: And turn your head to shoulder check when changing lanes :)
It is good exercise to keep the neck flexible. I learned that as an undergrad in Kinesiology.

Before BSM, we who did that at least in Canada, are paying much lower insurance premiums.

There's a few good reason why many living things can turn their heads to the side. It's definitely not relegated to just when driving.