Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 21, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Ontario

Where in KW to get door cut down?

I need to get a solid wood door cut narrower.
My table saw is much too small and flimsy to handle it.
Does anyone know of a place in Kitchener Waterloo where I could take it?
6 replies
[OP]
Nov 21, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Ontario
Drthorne wrote: Try the Rona cut shop
I thought they only cut product that was bought in their store but I'll give them a call anyway. Thanks.
I remember there used to be a carpenter shop behind the old Beaver Lumber on Park Street who cut some material for me years ago.
It's a Home Hardware building centre now but I think there is still a carpenter shop so I'll check that out as well.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
27009 posts
11447 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Since you want the RFD lowest price solution this is my recommendation:
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3 ... -p2910012e

Interestingly they even have a location in kitchener!
There is no money back guarantee on the results :lol:
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
retrovette wrote: I need to get a solid wood door cut narrower.
My table saw is much too small and flimsy to handle it.
Does anyone know of a place in Kitchener Waterloo where I could take it?
When you say narrower, do you mean height of the door or width? Or thickness?

Thickness wouldn't be possible unless you had a professional giant planer.

Both height and width I wouldn't even have considered doing that on a table saw. I've cut down many doors in my day, and the easiest is to simply find a straight edge that is at least the length you are trying to cut. Put the table on two saw horses, clamp down the straight edge to the right position, and a single cut down the straight edge as a guide with a circular saw will do.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
[OP]
Nov 21, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Ontario
gheart008 wrote: When you say narrower, do you mean height of the door or width? Or thickness?

Thickness wouldn't be possible unless you had a professional giant planer.

Both height and width I wouldn't even have considered doing that on a table saw. I've cut down many doors in my day, and the easiest is to simply find a straight edge that is at least the length you are trying to cut. Put the table on two saw horses, clamp down the straight edge to the right position, and a single cut down the straight edge as a guide with a circular saw will do.
I needed to reduce the width of the door by taking an inch off each side.
I thought of doing it with a circular saw but felt a table saw would do a better job and be easier as the door is very heavy and I'm not as young as I once was. I managed to find someone to do the job for me today.
Thanks to all.
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
retrovette wrote: I needed to reduce the width of the door by taking an inch off each side.
I thought of doing it with a circular saw but felt a table saw would do a better job and be easier as the door is very heavy and I'm not as young as I once was. I managed to find someone to do the job for me today.
Thanks to all.
The heavier the object the harder it is to work on a table saw. Think of is this way. In a table saw the entire door needs to move.. on a circular saw the door stays still and only the saw moves.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)