• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2021 2:29 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1678 posts
2053 upvotes
GTA

Where are my draft threads?

Wrote up a draft for a thread, but cannot find it anywhere. I've spent the past 5 minutes looking for it...

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1678 posts
2053 upvotes
GTA
Found it! Thanks!

Is there a way to make that more intuitive by including it in the profile section? I don't think most people will naturally think to find the "load draft" button after clicking on "post a new thread"

It also means the only way people can look for drafts is to scroll to that particular forum where they drafted it. For example, I don't see the "load draft" button when I scroll to the arts and photography forum.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
QuicKi7 wrote: Is there a way to make that more intuitive by including it in the profile section? I don't think most people will naturally think to find the "load draft" button after clicking on "post a new thread"

It also means the only way people can look for drafts is to scroll to that particular forum where they drafted it. For example, I don't see the "load draft" button when I scroll to the arts and photography forum.
The drafts system as a whole is not great and leaves a lot to be desired. We didn't have this feature on our last forum software (vBulletin) but it was a core feature in PHPBB (our current forum software). We decided to keep it so that anyone who wanted to us it could, but we didn't spend any time to improve it. Ideally there would be some page to manage them in your profile/settings area. Right now you can't even delete drafts.

I have a ticket open to look into improving drafts, but priority wise it's not very high so I can't give an estimate on when it might be looked at.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)