None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4129 posts
424 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

Where to sell bitcoin?

Does anyone have suggestions as to where a reputable place to sell and buy bitcoin is? I've got some I'd like to sell.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
I sell mine via coinbase but I don't think it's easy to set up if you're not set up for US based transactions.

Depending on how much you don't mind losing in fees some major centers have ATMs.
Vancouver has one for sure.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4129 posts
424 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
death_hawk wrote: I sell mine via coinbase but I don't think it's easy to set up if you're not set up for US based transactions.

Depending on how much you don't mind losing in fees some major centers have ATMs.
Vancouver has one for sure.
Thanks. Was looking at coinbase but I don't have a US bank account. Ever tried local bitcoin or whatever it's called?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1273 posts
65 upvotes
Hamilton
Ive used Kraken for ETH, no issues thus far.

To sell for $$ to your bank, you need to provide a photo of your license and a recent utility bill.
Mar 25, 2008
184 posts
201 upvotes
Kitchener
coinbase works with canadian accounts dudes
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
215 upvotes
I have used Kraken in Canada.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
Typhoonz wrote: Thanks. Was looking at coinbase but I don't have a US bank account. Ever tried local bitcoin or whatever it's called?
It's hard to make a judgement call on that since it's basically like Kijiji for Bitcoin.
You never know who is on the other end.
hjlow wrote: coinbase works with canadian accounts dudes
Does it? I know they expanded their list of countries but I didn't think Canada was on it.
I signed up a bunch of years ago when they were US only.
Banned
Jun 4, 2016
18 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
Coinbase is good for US. You can try on localbitcoins or Canadianbitcoins.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6033 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
coinbase has been working for Canada for months, is the easiest and lowest fee service I've found... takes 4 days etf or if your bank supports it you can buy instantly with interac...

hoping circle is eventually available up here too
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9151 posts
10513 upvotes
There is a long standing coin / papermoney / precious metal show called Torex coming up next weekend at the Hyatt Regency on King Street (downtown Toronto). I recall there being a dealer that actually has a BitCoin ATM that he brings to the show for you to buy or sell bitcoins. Perhaps that would be an option for you?