Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes

where to snitch on restaurants?

is there a website a person can go to, to snitch on restaurants, it really bothers me the fact that a lot of them are breaking the new smoking by law.
it's unfair competition for one, and it smells and bothers the rest of the customers as well.
i thought they weren't allowed to even have enclosed smoking areas.
why does dickens at midland and finch have an enclosed smoking area? it's not even well enclosed, as soon as i walked in, i smelled it.
also the coffee time at leslie and 16th still has a smoking area.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4534 posts
185 upvotes
GTA
If a little smoke smell is going to disturb you, why do you go there then? its your OWN choice to eat there. Dickens is medicore at best anyways.

leslie and 16th is not part of Toronto. Only Toronto has the no smoking ban.
The workplace in Vaughan even has a smoking room for us! :D
May 21, 2003
88 posts
again i will try and quoute gilboman:

[QUOTE]what's the big deal about [cigarette smoke]? sure its not the most pleasant [smell], just take it, and eat the food. if it bothers you just [leave].

are your by anychance one of those classic stereotypical citizens who whine about everything..a la Grandpa simpson?
[/QUOTE]

;)

http://67.19.207.84/~redflagd/forum/sho ... stcount=16
http://67.19.207.84/~redflagd/forum/sho ... stcount=27

city of toronto
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/health/smoke_index.htm

york region:

http://www.region.york.on.ca/Services/P ... By-law.htm
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5012 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I thought the law states that smoking was allowed as long as there is an enclosed area that was well ventulated.

Anyways, there are only EIGHT officers that patrol the GTA for violators.

Does this law only apply to the GTA? I thought it was provice wide?

I think there should be a web site or 800 number to call if there are violators. You can tell I am not a smoker.

But, if you can get 2 demerit points for not wearing a seat belt, shouldn't you get a $2000 fine for violating someone else's civil rights?

Who am I bothering when I don't wear my seatbelt? But I still get 2 points and a $190 fine.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
if you don't like how they're doing business just don't go

leave them alone as they're running a business and trying to make a living. The smokeban is just ridiculous imo. Restaurants I don't mind the ban but not at bars/pubs.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
thought you were running buck naked in the woods to escape the deadly non health issue of hair in food....did you shave your hair bald yet and wax every inch of your body? if not you might get some on the food as you are about to eat it.
May 21, 2003
88 posts
gilboman wrote:thought you were running buck naked in the woods to escape the deadly non health issue of hair in food....did you shave your hair bald yet and wax every inch of your body? if not you might get some on the food as you are about to eat it.
yeeessssss giboman, you came up with the most brilliant idea....

the hair issue on the other thread, was not my casue...it was probably from an employee from T&T...why dont you recommend the management there to have all their employees shave their hair bald, and wax every inch of thier bodies......

hair comming from an unknown source imo is dirty..it could have came from a rats tail, or from your dirty head.... but my hair falling onto my food wouldnt be a big problem, casue i know my hair is nice and clean...

but i guess running back naked in the wood again tonite isnt a bad idea....your mother and i always had great retreats back in the woods, running buck naked..waxing each others dirty parts...tell your mamma same time same place tomorrow... :cheesygri
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gee wrote: But, if you can get 2 demerit points for not wearing a seat belt, shouldn't you get a $2000 fine for violating someone else's civil rights?

Who am I bothering when I don't wear my seatbelt? But I still get 2 points and a $190 fine
The whole basis behind this law and many others is to save your life. Its along the same lines as people attempting suicide being charged with attem. murder (or some charge along those lines)

I feel a smoking ban is a great ideas in restauraunts, but in a recreational place (bar, pub, club) it should still be allowed. Again, if you whiners don't like something a restaurant is doing, you are free to go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to eat there. Let the owners run their establishments.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Kazaam wrote:I feel a smoking ban is a great ideas in restauraunts, but in a recreational place (bar, pub, club) it should still be allowed. Again, if you whiners don't like something a restaurant is doing, you are free to go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to eat there. Let the owners run their establishments.

[IMG]http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/werd.gif[/IMG]
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Kazaam wrote: I feel a smoking ban is a great ideas in restauraunts, but in a recreational place (bar, pub, club) it should still be allowed. Again, if you whiners don't like something a restaurant is doing, you are free to go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to eat there. Let the owners run their establishments.
And without a smoking ban no one's forcing the waiters/waitresses to smoke the equivelent of a pack a day due to second hand smoke. Oh wait, someone is forcing them. ;)

I'm an ex smoker, and I think the smoking ban is great. If you're going to smoke go ahead, but keep it to yourself. You're free to kill yourself smoking, but don't bring innocent people down with you.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Carnage wrote:And without a smoking ban no one's forcing the waiters/waitresses to smoke the equivelent of a pack a day due to second hand smoke. Oh wait, someone is forcing them. ;)

I'm an ex smoker, and I think the smoking ban is great. If you're going to smoke go ahead, but keep it to yourself. You're free to kill yourself smoking, but don't bring innocent people down with you.
That's why only hire smokers for pubs/bars. It's ridiculous having a smoke ban in those places. I do agree with the smokeban in restaurants.
Aug 28, 2003
402 posts
Maple, ON
Degenerate wrote:That's why only hire smokers for pubs/bars. It's ridiculous having a smoke ban in those places. I do agree with the smokeban in restaurants.
thats discrimination!! you can't NOT hire somebody because they don't smoke...

just like carnage I'm an ex-smoker and I love the ban! I can actually hit a bar or a club and not smell like an ashtray after....
More Feedback:
Heatware Reference
Ebay 155-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Degenerate wrote:That's why only hire smokers for pubs/bars. It's ridiculous having a smoke ban in those places. I do agree with the smokeban in restaurants.
They might have trouble keeping a full staff if a bar only hired people who smoke(even ignoring the discrimination involved).

And besides, even alot of smokers would rather work in a smoke free workplace. Who wants to spend an 8 hour shift sucking back clouds of smoke? Even most smokers wouldn't enjoy that.

I remember seeing 2 concerts at LuLu's in Kitchener before and after the ban. Before when you walked in there was just one giant blue cloud of smoke. By the end of the night I thought I was going to pass out(and I was a smoker then).

Then after the ban was put in place I was shocked how much better it was. I could actually breathe.