Food & Drink

where to snitch on restaurants?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2004 1:30 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 3, 2004
109 posts
I think the smoking ban is ridiculous! If smoking really bothers you that much.. stay home and have a Zima next to your air purifier. People have too little to do in their lives and so begin complaining and badgering and getting laws like these passed. It's so annoying!

You live on a planet with billions of other people.. you should try learning how to live with them instead of complaining.. What's next, a ban on loud talking? A ban on wearing cologne? Why don't we just ban every social gathering of any kind?

So that's my two cents... I need a smoke.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2352 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
c1ph3r wrote:thats discrimination!! you can't NOT hire somebody because they don't smoke...
Well, the Canadian Cancer Society does exactly that. Seriously!

Check out their carerrs page at www.cancer.ca.

I honestly don't know how they can get away with it.
c1ph3r wrote:just like carnage I'm an ex-smoker and I love the ban! I can actually hit a bar or a club and not smell like an ashtray after....
And that's why I like it too.

I'll only light up a stogie a couple times a year or maybe binge on a pack of Marlboro lights when I'm in the U.S. But I really hate the smell of stale smoke. I used to hate going to a bar, even for just a couple because you'd come out needing a shower. And I prefer to eat whithout the aid of cigarette smoke.

However, why can't there be smoking and non-smoking bars and restaurants? I'm all for non-smoking places but I don't think we need it to be legislated.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
16 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:I think the smoking ban is ridiculous! If smoking really bothers you that much.. stay home and have a Zima next to your air purifier. People have too little to do in their lives and so begin complaining and badgering and getting laws like these passed. It's so annoying!

You live on a planet with billions of other people.. you should try learning how to live with them instead of complaining.. What's next, a ban on loud talking? A ban on wearing cologne? Why don't we just ban every social gathering of any kind?

bravo!! bravo!!!
well said!

*clap clap*
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10317 posts
547 upvotes
Vancouver
Is a restaurant that has a bar considered a pub? Is a pub that serves food considered a restaurant? It's a fine line sometimes...

I do not agree with a smoking ban in pubs and bars - just make all the employees wear gas masks. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Let me guess. Those of you who are against the smoking ban, and smoke. You're probably the type who refuse to step outside to have a smoke, but instead stay inside and smoke around your young kids?

Wanna smoke? Fine. Go ahead and kill yourself. But don't punish others for your mistakes. Be a man and step outside for the few minutes it takes to have a smoke.

Or maybe, instead of doing that you just don't light up. Maybe take it as a helping tool to kick the habit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
201 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:I think the smoking ban is ridiculous! If smoking really bothers you that much.. stay home and have a Zima next to your air purifier. People have too little to do in their lives and so begin complaining and badgering and getting laws like these passed. It's so annoying!

I agree!

Me?

I like playing with liquid mercury.

I hate the damn ban against playing with this substance in public places.

I should be allowed to fool around with liquid mercury wherever I want.

I thought this was a free country. > :(

Get a clue.

Those other activities do not increase your chances of getting a terminal desease.

Smoking does.

If you want to smoke.

Fine.

Others do not have to breath that toxic waste.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
ban smoking totally and make all public establishments smoke free. Make cigarettes a controlled substance.

*then I woke up*
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Degenerate wrote:ban smoking totally and make all public establishments smoke free. Make cigarettes a controlled substance.

*then I woke up*
They would if smoking didn't provide the goverment with billions of dollars.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
1 upvote
'K™B.
nx2k wrote:is there a website a person can go to, to snitch on restaurants,
yes,
www.chowhound.com

im sure it will get someones attention if u post it there, under the canada/toronto section
nx2k wrote: why does dickens at midland and finch have an enclosed smoking area? it's not even well enclosed, as soon as i walked in, i smelled it.
also the coffee time at leslie and 16th still has a smoking area.
Dickens is like a wannabe keg (or similar steak/pasta), but run by a bunch of fobs, what did u expect?
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote

I think that your thinking is ridiculous! If not smoking bothers you that much.. stay home and have a smoke next to your air purifier. People have too little to do in thier lives and begin to smoke in public places and getting laws like these passed. Smokers are so annoying!

So that's my two cents... I don't need a smoke.

^^^ See how foolish smokers are? And yes, it's almost word for word...
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
How about this. If you don't like how a business is run shady or legit don't go back? If they have poor sanitary conditions don't go back. If they allow their customers to smoke don't go back. If their service sucks, don't go back. I know of many places in the GTA that will always be smoking no matter what happens. Everyone know of Frontpage at Midland and Finch. I've been there numerous times where they've fined the owner and he's not going to change. He's running a business where his customers are 80% smokers and i packed every night until 4:00am. They're not selling drugs or running an underground massage parlour. Don't tell an owner to how to run their business.

Some places should be smoke free and some places should allow smoking. Restaurants should be 100% smoke free because it's a family environment. Pubs and Bars however are not family environments, thus I feel it should be left up to the owners.

My .02
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Carnage wrote:They would if smoking didn't provide the goverment with billions of dollars.
Exactly. That's why I think the goverment are just hypocrytes and here's a classic example. Coming from an ex-smoker I'd love to see the abolishment of cigarettes. Kind of like how they abolished the GST. Oh wait a minute, that didn't happen :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Degenerate wrote:Exactly. That's why I think the goverment are just hypocrytes and here's a classic example. Coming from an ex-smoker I'd love to see the abolishment of cigarettes. Kind of like how they abolished the GST. Oh wait a minute, that didn't happen :cheesygri
Yeah. The smoking ban is just so that it can look like they're doing something. They can't say they supports smoking, so they do what little they can to make it look like they're fighting the good fight.

Kind of like all those dumb anti-smoking commercials that run by the tobacco companies. It's BS that they want people to quit, but they need to make it look like they do.

In fact those ads always had the oposite effect on me. All they would do was remind me of smoking, and I'd get the urges. More then once when I was quitting one of those damn adds would come on, and I'd think "Mmmm, nicotine.", and then out for a smoke I'd go. > :(
Sep 3, 2004
109 posts
For all those people (hypocrites) who disagree with my rant about how ridiculous the smoking ban is:

Using that stupid cliche that smoking will kill you is weak.

Here are some things that will actually kill you-----> Why don't you go put a ban on those things.. that'll keep you busy and give you something to complain about. Pollution in the air and the water will kill you. Car exhaust will kill you. Radiation will kill you. Poisonous animals will kill you. A sudden scare can kill you. A car accident will kill you. Falling down the stairs will kill you. A toaster in the bathtub will kill you. A fire will kill you. A big jolt of electricity will kill you.

"Oh but it smells so bad..." you say. Well here are some more things for you to ban----> Farts. Bad breath. Car exhaust. fish sauce. B.O. vapo rub. hairspray. burning wood (a large scale cigarette). gasoline.

See how enjoyable the world will be after you've banned everything that bothers you. Don't come after smokers with your "my s**t doesn't stink" attitude. Not everything in the world is going to go your way, so stop complaining about it.

Another two cents.
Jan 15, 2004
27 posts
Victoria
gilboman wrote:thought you were running buck naked in the woods to escape the deadly non health issue of hair in food....did you shave your hair bald yet and wax every inch of your body? if not you might get some on the food as you are about to eat it.

What about the lady who was chewing on some dude's finger after he accidently cut it off when he was preparing the vegetables? She thought it was some new kind of vegetable -- hard and chewy... :!: :!:
I need a new piggy bank. RFD made me break it. :cheesygri