Food & Drink

where to snitch on restaurants?

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2004 1:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
tyredd2: I hope I meet you in a bar sometime. I'll come up to you, stick my butt right in your face and let the juicest fart ever go. And I'll make sure to eat lots of chili and taco ball before I go so that I can do it all night long.

But there's nothing you can do because I can fart wherevery I please, no matter who it effects. So you'd better not complain about it.

Are you really that stuck up that you don't give 2 sh*ts about those around you? Then you wonder why people despise smokers.

And remember it's my tax dollars which will pay for your cancer treatments. Although you'll be dead far before me, so I guess it all evens out in the end.

Smoke up.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 3, 2004
109 posts
Carnage - Wow, I guess it's a big BURN on me eh!?! Taco ball?? juicest fart? Dude you sound like a rocket scientist! I don't know what I was thinking going up against a true scholar like yourself.......the only reason you don't smoke is probably cause you couldn't figure out how to light a cigarette if your life depended on it. Keep up the good work trying to get those ants out of the hole using a twig...eventually you'll get it! (thumbs up)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
tyrred2 wrote:Carnage - Wow, I guess it's a big BURN on me eh!?! Taco ball?? juicest fart? Dude you sound like a rocket scientist! I don't know what I was thinking going up against a true scholar like yourself.......the only reason you don't smoke is probably cause you couldn't figure out how to light a cigarette if your life depended on it. Keep up the good work trying to get those ants out of the hole using a twig...eventually you'll get it! (thumbs up)
Guess you didn't bother reading the whole thread eh?

I'm an ex-smoker. Meaning I was smart enough to stop while I could. I know damn well how adictive smoking is, and what it's effects are.

But I'm also not an ******* like alot of smokers out there. I was always willing to step outside for a smoke, instead of blowing it in the face of those around me.

And even when I did smoke I didn't like going to a bar and not being able to breath from the cloud of smoke.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 5, 2003
1535 posts
38 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Carnage wrote:Guess you didn't bother reading the whole thread eh?

I'm an ex-smoker. Meaning I was smart enough to stop while I could. I know damn well how adictive smoking is, and what it's effects are.

But I'm also not an ******* like alot of smokers out there. I was always willing to step outside for a smoke, instead of blowing it in the face of those around me.

And even when I did smoke I didn't like going to a bar and not being able to breath from the cloud of smoke.
Ditto.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 3, 2004
109 posts
Look, with most things in life you have to compromise. Having a smoking area and a non smoking area has worked for many many years and would have continued to work. An all-out ban is NOT compromise.

And some things go hand-in-hand.. Like smoking and drinking in a bar.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
tyrred2 wrote:Look, with most things in life you have to compromise. Having a smoking area and a non smoking area has worked for many many years and would have continued to work. An all-out ban is NOT compromise.
I don't dispute that. I'd have no problem with having smoking rooms. Although smoking areas that were in restaurants didn't work too well.

But here in Waterloo the smoking ban has been on for years, and personally I think the bars are much more enjoyable. So in the winter I would have to step out into the cold for a smoke, I was willing to do that to spare those that don't smoke.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2004
1500 posts
49 upvotes
York Region
Ok, i'am a female smoker of 8 years. It's hard not to smoke after a nice meal. But noooo! I have to get the hell out for smoke outside.
But the rule is the RULE. No smoking inside. It bugs me and my hubby, but hey...what can you do? That's why i dont go to play pool and drink my Caesar drink to my favorite pub. They suck when they dont have smoking area and they ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!! I buy alcohol for my mixes and enjoy them at home ( i need to say that i DO NOT smoke inside of my apartment, i go out on my balcony, otherwise it really stinks inside).
But i have to agree: sometimes u just want to sit down and have a drink without breathing the really HEAVY smoke in.
So, that's my beef.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1153 posts
2 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:For all those people (hypocrites) who disagree with my rant about how ridiculous the smoking ban is:

Using that stupid cliche that smoking will kill you is weak.

Here are some things that will actually kill you-----> Why don't you go put a ban on those things.. that'll keep you busy and give you something to complain about. Pollution in the air and the water will kill you. Car exhaust will kill you. Radiation will kill you. Poisonous animals will kill you. A sudden scare can kill you. A car accident will kill you. Falling down the stairs will kill you. A toaster in the bathtub will kill you. A fire will kill you. A big jolt of electricity will kill you.

"Oh but it smells so bad..." you say. Well here are some more things for you to ban----> Farts. Bad breath. Car exhaust. fish sauce. B.O. vapo rub. hairspray. burning wood (a large scale cigarette). gasoline.

See how enjoyable the world will be after you've banned everything that bothers you. Don't come after smokers with your "my s**t doesn't stink" attitude. Not everything in the world is going to go your way, so stop complaining about it.

Another two cents.
OMG. You sound like the biggest moron in the world. Do some checking about "death" before you spew sh*t. Look below to find out why your a moron, and anyone who believes smoking won't kill you as compared to other things:

http://tobacco.aadac.com/about_smoking/smoking_deaths/
"Smoking Deaths
Worldwide about three million people die from tobacco-related diseases each year. Smoking is an important public health issue. Researchers estimate that within 30 years the number of tobacco-related deaths will rise to 10 million per year. This will make tobacco the single biggest cause of death worldwide. "

"Mortality from fire
In Canada, materials like pipes, matches, cigarettes, cigars and lighters used in smoking are the leading cause of fire deaths. One in five fire deaths in Canada and one in four fire deaths in Alberta are due to fires ignited by smokers."

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/beirut/air-en.asp (Death by AIR POLUTION)
'Air pollution is one of the top environmental issues, and public health officials have expressed a growing concern over its impacts on the population. Recent statistics show air pollution causes an estimated 5,000 premature deaths in Canada each year, and thousands more suffer from adverse health effects. "

It may be suicide, but its death by car exhaust you've been talking about:
http://www.garrybreitkreuz.com/publicat ... icle53.htm
"Suicides by inhalation of poisonous gas increased substantially -- by 46.4 per cent -- between 1991 and 1995, then fell back to near where they began. Over the decade they rose by just 5.7 per cent, less than the rise in total population, which was 10.7 per cent over the same period. "

Radiation deaths? Probably not many. I did some searching and was only able to find death by cancer that involved radiation treatment.


Need I go on? Look at the stats given, look into it further. Deaths caused by smoking in the world is outstaningly high as compared to all other things. How often do you hear about those Canadian poisionous snake deaths? NEVER. Smoking? All the time, by lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, emphazema (spelt that wrong I know), heart failure, heart disease, diabetes, all resulting from smoking. Add up ALL the diseases you get from smoking, add up all the deaths from those diseases and you'll have a higher death count EVERY YEAR in EVERY COUNTRY than from all other causes of death combined.

And just to finish it off, here are some general death numbers for you to look at...
http://www.acbr.com/causdeat.htm


EDIT!

Here are some more smoking death links for you people who don't think it kills you can learn a thing or two..

http://www.ash.org.uk/html/factsheets/html/fact02.html
http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/antismo ... istics.htm

I also suggest reading this:
http://www.wpro.who.int/tfi/docs/wntd02 ... 0stats.doc
They call me Monster.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 3, 2004
109 posts
Bortman - Congratulations! You are really good at cutting and pasting! You get two gold stars which puts you way ahead of all the other 2nd graders! However you probably need to re-read what I wrote, cause you're obviously partly illiterate. Try it slowly this time and take a break in between centences if you need to.

I was actually not trying to disprove that pollution, fires, radiation and noxious gases will kill you... I was making a point at how if you're going to ban cigarettes (because they'll "kill" you) you might as well ban fires, pollution, gasoline, electicity, swimming pools etc etc..otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

And by the way, just becasue someone "estimated" a bunch of numbers and printed it, it doesn't make it fact. Open your eyes a little and learn to question what you read, don't just spew other people's printed opinions, guesses, and estimates at me.. that means nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1153 posts
2 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:Bortman - Congratulations! You are really good at cutting and pasting! You get two gold stars which puts you way ahead of all the other 2nd graders! However you probably need to re-read what I wrote, cause you're obviously partly illiterate. Try it slowly this time and take a break in between centences if you need to.

I was actually not trying to disprove that pollution, fires, radiation and noxious gases will kill you... I was making a point at how if you're going to ban cigarettes (because they'll "kill" you) you might as well ban fires, pollution, gasoline, electicity, swimming pools etc etc..otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

And by the way, just becasue someone "estimated" a bunch of numbers and printed it, it doesn't make it fact. Open your eyes a little and learn to question what you read, don't just spew other people's printed opinions, guesses, and estimates at me.. that means nothing.
I think you as well need to re-read what you posted yourself. You made the assanine comments about banning other stuff because it kills as wel blah blah blah. I was merely pointing out the fact that you were right, but even though you were right, those things kill so few things a year you cannot even compare it to banning smoking.

By your idea of banning poisonous creatures, you'd be daming millions of insects, amphibians, reptiles, fish etc to certain death. Thus messing up the entire worlds ecosystem. Banning radiation is impossible too. Do you like power? Well you can't really ban that.. Wouldn't you like to know about your injuries? If you ban radiation there would be no X-Ray's. If you don't want to get scared, never turn on the tv or go out into public and you won't die from it. Cars can only kill you if your either in them, or in the vicinity of them, so you could stay away from those.... But then you'd never get anywhere. The same goes for air polution. Do you like the products you use, every plant causes air polution so you can't really ban all products... Because your smoking is not only causing the air polution, but creating the smokes does too. If you banned stairs, all buildings would be 1 floor, and thats not spatially realistic otherwise there would be no natural land in the entire world. A toaster in a bathtub will only cause death if your the biggest moron in the world who wants to eat toast while bathing, or really commiting suicide....

What your talking about banning will be nearly impossible. Yeah it would help the world greatly in some cases, but would never work. You CAN however, ban smoking because its a simple product, just stop production, easy as that. Not only will everyone whom smokes become more healthy, but everyone around will as well... What you are saying is unreasonable. Fish sauce can only kill you if your beaten to death with the blunt end of the bottle, or you drink a bottle of it everyday. Can't ban farts either buddy. Without the release of that gas, you could die due to high levels of internal poisions.

All I'm saying, is have an argument, but have a valid one. Don't go making stupid comments about how fish oil will bring humanity down because if its not banned it could smell up the world...
They call me Monster.
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2002
956 posts
Manitoba
Bortman wrote:All I'm saying, is have an argument, but have a valid one. Don't go making stupid comments about how fish oil will bring humanity down because if its not banned it could smell up the world...
Naturally it can't be proven, but don't some of his comments remind you of a few people who are no longer welcome on this board? Joining on the 4th and immediately making inflammatory/insulting statements? Baiting intelligent members into pointless debate with arguments bordering on the ridiculous?

I call troll-food on this thread - good arguments from both Carnage and Bortman but likely falling on deaf ears.

Move along people, there are no valid arguments to see here.
"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton
Member
User avatar
Jan 30, 2004
315 posts
1 upvote
nx2k wrote:is there a website a person can go to, to snitch on restaurants, it really bothers me the fact that a lot of them are breaking the new smoking by law.
it's unfair competition for one, and it smells and bothers the rest of the customers as well.
i thought they weren't allowed to even have enclosed smoking areas.
why does dickens at midland and finch have an enclosed smoking area? it's not even well enclosed, as soon as i walked in, i smelled it.
also the coffee time at leslie and 16th still has a smoking area.

Go hug a tree :evil:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 22, 2004
1698 posts
37 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
LeonPhelps wrote:Go hug a tree :evil:

you need a nice tall glass of STFU Mr. Phelps
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 12, 2004
92 posts
12 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:Bortman - Congratulations! You are really good at cutting and pasting! You get two gold stars which puts you way ahead of all the other 2nd graders! However you probably need to re-read what I wrote, cause you're obviously partly illiterate. Try it slowly this time and take a break in between centences if you need to.

I was actually not trying to disprove that pollution, fires, radiation and noxious gases will kill you... I was making a point at how if you're going to ban cigarettes (because they'll "kill" you) you might as well ban fires, pollution, gasoline, electicity, swimming pools etc etc..otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

And by the way, just becasue someone "estimated" a bunch of numbers and printed it, it doesn't make it fact. Open your eyes a little and learn to question what you read, don't just spew other people's printed opinions, guesses, and estimates at me.. that means nothing.
Ever hear of second hand smoke? Each year it kills roughly 3,000 non smokers in the US alone, and is the cause of hundreds of thousands of lower respiratory tract infections in children. By smoking in public places, you are potentially harming everyone around you.

Is smoking so important to you that you are willing to jeopardize the health of others?

Top