Real Estate

Where are these cheap housing in Alberta that’s being advertised

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2023 12:10 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2012
1023 posts
298 upvotes
masarwar wrote: I don't see where the problem is with where the council is heading tbh. More power to Jyoti.
Jyoti, the most hated mayor in Calgary's history. The first thing she did increased her and her cabinets salary and that didn't stopped there.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
Cocoon wrote: Jyoti, the most hated mayor in Calgary's history. The first thing she did increased her and her cabinets salary and that didn't stopped there.
She raised salaries by 2.41% pretty much lower than any raise I had in the last 10 years. I am glad she is setting fire to peoples behind. More power to her.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2012
1023 posts
298 upvotes
masarwar wrote: She raised salaries by 2.41% pretty much lower than any raise I had in the last 10 years. I am glad she is setting fire to peoples behind. More power to her.
The language you used on here shows what kind of people support her and we all know who they are.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Cocoon wrote: Jyoti, the most hated mayor in Calgary's history. The first thing she did increased her and her cabinets salary and that didn't stopped there.
Mayors don't have a cabinet. Lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
KingKuba wrote: If anyone cares about weather why would you even live in Canada...
Good weather involves a lot more than just "hot and sweaty".

Don't get me wrong, I like heat as much as the next person. A dry 25-30 degree summer is glorious, but -10 and a foot of new snow is just as nice.

The only bad weather is grey and drizzly 0-10 degree weather (had too much of that...).

For a large amount of the year many parts of Canada have great weather, in part because it varies so much. Embrace the weather. In the summer when it's hot and sunny go camping, to the beach or kayaking/boating. In the winter when it's cold and snowy go skating, skiing and ice climbing.

Just don't sit at home all day staring out the window, moaning that it's "too hot" or "too cold". That reflects more on you than it does the weather.
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
Today Alberta is nice(9C in Calgary) while Toronto and east -24C lowest) is miserable
I am on the flight from Alberta to Ontario
Wrong direction ....
Bad timing .....
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1597 posts
2478 upvotes
ZenaZ927 wrote: Today Alberta is nice(9C in Calgary) while Toronto and east -24C lowest) is miserable
I am on the flight from Alberta to Ontario
Wrong direction ....
Bad timing .....
Don't get murdered or thrown in front of a train by the helpful and not racist population using the transit system there. :facepalm:
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
oilerfan89 wrote: Don't get murdered or thrown in front of a train by the helpful and not racist population using the transit system there. :facepalm:
I won't
I will be driving lol
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
oilerfan89 wrote: Don't get murdered or thrown in front of a train by the helpful and not racist population using the transit system there. :facepalm:
Yes as if public transit doesnt have any issues in the other part of the country at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1597 posts
2478 upvotes
masarwar wrote: Yes as if public transit doesnt have any issues in the other part of the country at all.
I'm sure it does. But as some pointed out in this thread earlier, racism and that sort of thing is an Alberta only problem. /sarcasm

Meanwhile, they have bigger problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
oilerfan89 wrote: I'm sure it does. But as some pointed out in this thread earlier, racism and that sort of thing is an Alberta only problem. /sarcasm

Meanwhile, they have bigger problems.
lol man i totally mistook your post.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1597 posts
2478 upvotes
masarwar wrote: lol man i totally mistook your post.
All good!! I realized the sarcasm wasn't super obvious after.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2020
4224 posts
5534 upvotes
Good god are people still going on about AB here?

Just to reiterate again, hundreds of thousands of ppl could net over half a million to move there by selling their GTA home, but they don't. A 500k+ windfall isnt enough for them to do it.

Make peace with that balance, we have here. Do some things suck living in the GTA? Damn right. Do I blame those moving? Nope. But for those of us who stay, we've made peace with the negatives.

If the Albertans really feel the need to convince us based on today's weather, well, ok. Ya it's damn cold out and I wish it wasn't.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1597 posts
2478 upvotes
Comes to an Alberta thread and complains about people talking Alberta. Can't make this kinda thing up! Salty AF! Face With Tears Of Joy Feel free to see yourself out.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1556 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
adamtheman wrote: Right now it's 6 degrees and beautifully sunny in Calgary / Edmonton, clear blue skies. Meanwhile it's -6 in Toronto, -19 in Ottawa and -20 in Montreal.

Cherry picking weather days is pretty silly.......... isn't it?
It is a weird flex.

Edmonton this winter has been incredible. Other than a couple weeks in Nov and a couple weeks in Dec, it's been like Fall. I feel like we lucked out and have a protective dome that has us missing all the weather patterns bringing crazy snow/temps. Jan and Feb here have been warm for the most part. And just enough snow to give that little taste of winter.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1597 posts
2478 upvotes
tehwegz wrote: It is a weird flex.

Edmonton this winter has been incredible. Other than a couple weeks in Nov and a couple weeks in Dec, it's been like Fall. I feel like we lucked out and have a protective dome that has us missing all the weather patterns bringing crazy snow/temps. Jan and Feb here have been warm for the most part. And just enough snow to give that little taste of winter.
Funny how that kind of stuff works, weather being variable. Its like the Leafs and planning the parade route after the first 5 games of the season every year only to realize reality is different from their skewed perception and they aren't actually going anywhere. Anyway, we are going to attract the insecure self appointed speaker of the GTA to tell us all about what living in western Canada is like if we're not careful. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
presidentjon wrote: What do you think of this 1 bedroom condo in Edmonton for $60,000 ?
1 Bedroom unit

that is an incredible deal, unless someone got shot there or foundation is about to collapse.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
presidentjon wrote: What do you think of this 1 bedroom condo in Edmonton for $60,000 ?
1 Bedroom unit
there is also a 2 bed/1 bath unit for 62,900. Good chance the condo management is in serious financial trouble. i wonder what the remarks say.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
4462 posts
4127 upvotes
1 Bedroom unit
This is double the price, but it is brand new with a lower condo fees at least for the next couple of years.

https://streetsideedmonton.com/communit ... d-blvd-nw/

Probably one of the cheapest new condo one could buy in Canada in a city with a population of 1 million+.