Shopping Discussion

Where to try and buy Office Chairs in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 1:14 pm
[OP]
Sep 15, 2009
391 posts
201 upvotes

Where to try and buy Office Chairs in GTA?

Hey y'all,

I'm looking to buy a new office chair, and would strongly prefer to try it in store before buying. Any suggestions on which stores?

As for the chair itself, I prefer the mesh task chair type.

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1049 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
PickNPop wrote: Hey y'all,

I'm looking to buy a new office chair, and would strongly prefer to try it in store before buying. Any suggestions on which stores?

Thanks!
Staples usually has one of each of their chairs on the floor that you can sit on and try out.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2009
391 posts
201 upvotes
Yeah, I've been to a few Staples but haven't found one to my liking yet...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1661 posts
407 upvotes
Vancouver
PickNPop wrote: Hey y'all,

Thanks!
You may want to check out Source Office Furnishings as they have large showrooms and have some locations in Ontario. I’ve bought a few chairs from them and i’ve been quite satisfied.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5271 posts
3733 upvotes
Vancouver
Brick and Leon’s generally carry them. Just note if you buy there, don’t expect any post sale service but they should have a decent number of option on display.
Dec 29, 2013
157 posts
89 upvotes
There was a group buy on Herman Miller chairs before. They are expensive, but highly rated. I think the store was called Business Interiors. You may want to call and ask if you can book an appointment to try them out.

May also want to try ergoCentric chairs. A Canadian manufacturer. They appear to have a store in the King Edward hotel downtown. I think they also have a store in Yorkdale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9083 posts
2977 upvotes
Mississauga
sandy_beach wrote: You may want to check out Source Office Furnishings as they have large showrooms and have some locations in Ontario. I’ve bought a few chairs from them and i’ve been quite satisfied.
I have this one at the office - Very comfortable.
https://www.source.ca/shop/office-chair ... -your-seat
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.