• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 10:35 am
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
244 posts
104 upvotes

Where to use Dell Visa Prepaid card?

Hi all,

I got my Visa prepaid 50$ card from Dell.ca, but it cannot be used anywhere! Amazon, Newegg .... where can you use it?
It seems the only place is with Dell.ca where you can split the payment on different cards.

Thanks

Tom
7 replies
Sep 18, 2018
77 posts
13 upvotes
Fo real?? How long did it take them to send it to you after your purchase?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4638 posts
2689 upvotes
TomShopper wrote: Hi all,

I got my Visa prepaid 50$ card from Dell.ca, but it cannot be used anywhere! Amazon, Newegg .... where can you use it?
It seems the only place is with Dell.ca where you can split the payment on different cards.

Thanks

Tom
Any prepaid credit card(Visa or Mastercard) can used in any store.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16230 posts
13515 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ml88888888 wrote: Any prepaid credit card(Visa or Mastercard) can used in any store.
This

OP... you need to provide more info on WHY you are having problems using this card.

Cuz as it stands now with your thread, I cannot understand what the actual problem is.

Is it with the card itself (not activated properly, or US Issued Funds, etc ) or a case of you cannot find online Retailers who’s websites accept Prepaid CCs (personally I have never encountered that issue)

Or is it as I suspect (based on your title)
It’s not a true Prepaid Visa Card
But rather a DELL GC that happens to be issued by Visa
Something that is very common with US Retailers
Where the US Banking System is very different to our own
Where CCs, Debit Cards, and even GCs can be underwritten by Visa, MC or other Banks / Financial Institutions
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3000 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Used it to buy Amazon GC, no problems OP
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
244 posts
104 upvotes
ak-47 wrote: Used it to buy Amazon GC, no problems OP
Yes, I figured out that. I bough Amazon GC and paid with it and my credit card.

Sorry for the unclear question. The problem is when I want to buy something more than 50$ prepaid card, no online retailer (except Dell I think) accept split payment with multiple cards.
I ended up to buy gift card from Amazon and used it to pay my purchase.

Thank you all for your answers

Tom
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
In the future, use the VISA prepaid card to buy gasoline (authorize the pump for $50 and it will spend every single cent). Then you can take the $50 you saved on gas and spend it at the online retailer of your choice without worrying about split transactions.