Hot Deals

[whitespot.ca] BC/AB 20% first order, 10% off subsequent pickup orders

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2020 5:15 am
Jan 13, 2012
263 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver
cerealkiller wrote: Interesting that many complains about food from White spot. I actually find it to be quite decent. I have friends from the states that also commented White spot is not bad either. Perhaps it's ymmv thing per location?
That's been my experience. My local one in New West is consistently good, but I've been to others that had cold fries, indifferently assembled sandwiches, and crappy waitstaff. I ordered pickup from the Kingsway Metrotown location for the first time a couple of months ago, and they were on the ball, food was hot and order was correct. I'd definitely go to that location again...
Dec 24, 2011
681 posts
288 upvotes
I find Whitespot pretty consistent, i'm never disappointed when I leave Whitespot, it's just... very average. Would never be my first or even second choice, but in a pinch or when every other restaurant is full it's not a bad substitute. It's a bit overpriced for what you get, but that's all chain restaurants.
Sep 3, 2010
149 posts
135 upvotes
cstriker045 wrote: I find Whitespot pretty consistent, i'm never disappointed when I leave Whitespot, it's just... very average. Would never be my first or even second choice, but in a pinch or when every other restaurant is full it's not a bad substitute. It's a bit overpriced for what you get, but that's all chain restaurants.
Agreed, i can't say it's gonna win any value recommendation; however, it's just decent enough that you can meet any one (family, out of town friends, business casual lunch...) and won't feel out of place.
May 12, 2012
66 posts
38 upvotes
BC
Parrajara wrote: customer gave me a $50 gift card to whitespot, and I was looking to sell it online for $40 but the process is too dreadful. I may just use my gift card with this discount. Not crazy about franchise restaurants like whitespot. Although I've never had it, I've never left one of those franchise restaurants feeling satisfied. Personal preference. Upvoted either way, thanks for sharing!
Hating on a restaurant when you’ve never eaten there?

You do realize that all franchises were once a single location at one point, right? Lol unreal post wow.
Sep 16, 2019
284 posts
343 upvotes
droller wrote: Hating on a restaurant when you’ve never eaten there?

You do realize that all franchises were once a single location at one point, right? Lol unreal post wow.
How was I hating on White Spot? I simply stated my preference in regards to outside food establishments. Franchises have standardized processes that often result in a vast majority of their menu being composed of frozen food that comes from a distribution center, or pre-made food from hours earlier and sometimes even days. I did not name a single bad thing about the restaurant itself. You are unreal.
Feb 22, 2013
732 posts
583 upvotes
I wonder if anyone else agrees that restaurants arent really trying to get us to purchase take out. I was anticipating restaurants to give 30% off or buy one and get % off your next order.

This is an unfortunate situation for all small business owners but where is their entrepreneurial spirit?
May 10, 2008
325 posts
268 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sparkaction wrote: I wonder if anyone else agrees that restaurants arent really trying to get us to purchase take out. I was anticipating restaurants to give 30% off or buy one and get % off your next order.

This is an unfortunate situation for all small business owners but where is their entrepreneurial spirit?
I agree...I was hoping for a little more during this time...like 20% off for takeout, but I guess the owners are wealthy so they can afford to not discount further. I’ve been getting the 10% off for white spot takeout for years. But I’ll still be ordering because I love white spot!! ❤️
Dec 21, 2009
578 posts
202 upvotes
Damn the prices seem to have gone up a lot.
$19 for a burger combo, is this the new norm at white spot these days?
There used to be a triple o at my work and I was having the burger for $3. Even a Monty mushroom burger was about $8 but now $19 for a combo.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1936 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I rather eat Five Guys Burgers at this price point. Way better quality IMO.

At the very least I can just grab a Burger and fries and do without a drink. At white spot, I'm forced to get a combo that cost $19 that tastes average at best IMO.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4391 posts
2500 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: I like the BC Chicken Burger and LOVE the fries no salt. But I agree I think prices have gotten quite high. Maybe it’s why I haven’t been inawhile.
ilove wrote: Agreed, the BC chicken burger is quite good.
+1 on the BC Chicken.. yum! And it's huge! :)

Ron.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18689 posts
1983 upvotes
WCDave wrote: Not a fan of the food, but love that companies are making moves to keep their businesses running, while supporting employees and keeping social distancing going!

Thanks OP.
This isn't a Covid move. I've been ordering with the discount since 2018.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5753 posts
496 upvotes
Vancouver
I used to like a dish called chicken pickin.. something like that. They brought it back once in a while but now gone for good..
Jul 8, 2012
871 posts
192 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jtcb wrote: I used to like a dish called chicken pickin.. something like that. They brought it back once in a while but now gone for good..
I used to like something with deep fried zucchini, forgot what it was called...clucks and greens? No, I don't know.

I walk down to the White Spot (Triple O's) connected to a Chevron on occasion when I don't feel like cooking. The standard Original burger for me...satisfying for me. Haven't done take out or fast food since all this madness started.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1180 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Gmail dot trick works as well so 20% off every order better than nothing I suppose