• Jun 14th, 2016 12:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3424 posts
4669 upvotes
Edmonton

Who needs a luxury car?

Wow Chevy, what a job on the interior of the new Cruze.

97 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Came in expecting b8 thread. Was going to say 'how else would I garner respect, admiration and prestige among my peers and associates alike'
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14732 posts
9155 upvotes
Toronto
Awaiting for news on the wagon, interior looks great. And yes, I agree with nasa. Surprised.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3424 posts
4669 upvotes
Edmonton
koffey wrote: Awaiting for news on the wagon, interior looks great. And yes, I agree with nasa. Surprised.
If they put this interior into their crossover lineup I might just buy one. Fantastic.
Oct 29, 2009
625 posts
305 upvotes
Funny, other than the obvous difference in the leather colour, the basic layout and the way the vertical air vents go around the infotainment/audio controls reminds me of the Ford Focus:

Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4751 posts
5874 upvotes
Toronto, ON
McGuillicuddy wrote: Funny, other than the obvous difference in the leather colour, the basic layout and the way the vertical air vents go around the infotainment/audio controls reminds me of the Ford Focus:

I'm seeing some Hyundai in there too(and this is a 2012 interior) - but that's how it works these days. Every manufacturer copies bits and pieces from each other.

Not really digging those blue rings around the tach and speedo on the new Chevy though, clashes with that tan leather dash(which I highly doubt makes it into a production model)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3424 posts
4669 upvotes
Edmonton
That is a production model. You can order that leather right now on their website.
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
Not sure what the point of this thread is, lot of "economy cars" can be ordered like this. But it does get expensive when its all topped out, well past $30,000. At that point, I rather buy a used Lexus or Audi. I own a luxury car and can never go back to anything non-luxury. At the end of the day a loaded Cruze is still a chevy, wont impress many
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
^whats the point in impressing people anyways. Not like anyone gives two sh*ts about what others drive.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18865 posts
6906 upvotes
Toronto
Most of the interiors look very similar. Again it's the car brand that people are after.
Aug 14, 2009
177 posts
61 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: ^whats the point in impressing people anyways. Not like anyone gives two sh*ts about what others drive.
Ah, not all buyers of luxury cars buy them for the name

How about:
More leg room
Comfy seats
Easier steering
Ac seats
Heated steering wheel
Quietness
Better sound system
Multi way adjustable seats
Auto window open/close
Home link / built in garage door openers
Power parking brake
Power glove box

Etc
Etc
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18865 posts
6906 upvotes
Toronto
cybernation wrote: Ah, not all buyers of luxury cars buy them for the name

How about:
More leg room
Comfy seats
Easier steering
Ac seats
Heated steering wheel
Quietness
Better sound system
Multi way adjustable seats
Auto window open/close
Home link / built in garage door openers
Power parking brake
Power glove box

Etc
Etc
Name and prestige trumps all of those options.
Mar 4, 2013
562 posts
354 upvotes
The dated and ugly Chevy badge needs a new design, just ruins the rest of the car.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1839 posts
1172 upvotes
Vancouver
carmaster wrote: Name and prestige trumps all of those options.
Sounds salty
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9018 posts
10319 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Until I see it side by side with Corolla interior I can't properly dismiss it as inferior to Corolla. Which I will. Because Corolla.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18865 posts
6906 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: Until I see it side by side with Corolla interior I can't properly dismiss it as inferior to Corolla. Which I will. Because Corolla.
Beige Corolla.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10104 posts
1921 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: ^whats the point in impressing people anyways. Not like anyone gives two sh*ts about what others drive.
Only high school kids and university kids and tweens in general care for these things.

Some people buy a Mercedes for the safest couldn't careless about the symbol. Or what's a difference between a Chevy and a Caddy?
Dec 24, 2009
817 posts
459 upvotes
aren't you a Jag budget baller?