2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

Who is skipping shoptheblock altogether this year but have participated in previous years ?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 8:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
PointsHubby wrote: The STB Rexall Offer of WUS $ 40 or more (December 2nd thru 15th) is not a huge hurdle
I find it quite easy to make it worthwhile / the effort
Especially if you shop the Weekend 2 or 3 Day Deals ... that typically appear on the first pg of the flyer in the “yellow box”
Eggs, Milk, Bread etc ... same or cheaper than other stores
Plus whatever else is well priced or on promo
From my experience, Rexall sales tend to still be slightly more expensive than prices at other grocery stores like No Frills.
For instance in the current Rexall flyer in the yellow box, they have bread for $1.99 but I usually get mine for $1.64 (regular price) + I always have Optimum offer on it too. Rexall has dozen eggs on sale for $1.99 but I find other stores will have 18 eggs on sale for like $2.88 and I'll stock up since I eat a lot of eggs and they usually don't expire for 1.5-2 months.
And other sale items not in the yellow box area will be even worse and I don't think most people can make the minimum spend just by buying the yellow box items. So ultimately I think you're still likely to pay a bit more at Rexall.

That being said, it's still probably worth it to do a Rexall offer if it brings you to the next tier.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2214 posts
1241 upvotes
Ontario
crystallight wrote: From my experience, Rexall sales tend to still be slightly more expensive than prices at other grocery stores like No Frills.
For instance in the current Rexall flyer in the yellow box, they have bread for $1.99 but I usually get mine for $1.64 (regular price) + I always have Optimum offer on it too. Rexall has dozen eggs on sale for $1.99 but I find other stores will have 18 eggs on sale for like $2.88 and I'll stock up since I eat a lot of eggs and they usually don't expire for 1.5-2 months.
And other sale items not in the yellow box area will be even worse and I don't think most people can make the minimum spend just by buying the yellow box items. So ultimately I think you're still likely to pay a bit more at Rexall.

That being said, it's still probably worth it to do a Rexall offer if it brings you to the next tier.
Use the printable Rexall $5 off $25 coupon would help. Also, you can spend $40 before the coupon and still qualify for the AM promo threshold.

BTW, I easily completed all 7 partners already and I haven’t even shopped at Rexall yet.

Lowe’s
Rona
Sobeys
Metro
Ready Honda
Shell
AirmilesShop (Black Friday site wide 20x on top of the individual store’s multiplier plus the STB 50 BAMs is a great deal if you can find something >$100 to buy)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1227 posts
533 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Yeah I didn't think it would be so easy to be done already, although a few things line up to help.

Rona and Lowes PL
BMO (boo no amex this year)
Safeway Liquor (have to drink and they had a case of wine on sale for $150 which made it easy)
Children's Place, had their usual big sale (don't buy things reg price there) and got my girls boots
Safeway, was thinking this was going to be harder because their filters sucked lately, but BF arrived and bam
Shell $10 in store (this was a minor pain, first try I went and ordered lottery and cashier said air miles system was down so I walked, then redeemed a few days later at another one)

I didn't even get to Rexall or do Airmilesshops like I thought I would have too.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12067 posts
3252 upvotes
Scarberia
They’ve wised up. It’s gonna cost way more oop $$$ compared to previous yrs

Lcbo bottles minimum 30$ not 15$

7x25$ minimum cost imo
The lepage stuff is prolly cheapest at 9$ bux
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
mikka2017 wrote: The lepage stuff is prolly cheapest at 9$ bux
Note the PL Premium offer is dead, ended Nov 27 (not Dec 27 which is how I read it at start of STB).
Oct 30, 2017
84 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
Probably going to do just 5 this year instead of 7 but still might decide to do 7. I sadly missed the Rona and Lowes glue offers so that makes it a bit more costly to do 7 offers

Amazon - $100 + 20x miles
Shell - $30~
Rexall - $40
LCBO - $14
Metro - $25

So still about 50% back in AM. Would probably do Sobeys and BMO if I decide to do 7. We ordered miss fresh last year but wasn't a huge fan of the meals.

It will be harder to get Onyx this year though without being able to get 2000 miles from this event.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
greg898 wrote: Probably going to do just 5 this year instead of 7 but still might decide to do 7. I sadly missed the Rona and Lowes glue offers so that makes it a bit more costly to do 7 offers

Amazon - $100 + 20x miles
Shell - $30~
Rexall - $40
LCBO - $14
Metro - $25

So still about 50% back in AM. Would probably do Sobeys and BMO if I decide to do 7. We ordered miss fresh last year but wasn't a huge fan of the meals.

It will be harder to get Onyx this year though without being able to get 2000 miles from this event.
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no LCBO that costs only $14 :). You have to buy 2 bottles. I just did the cheapest one (2 Cono bottles) and it cost > $25 with 17BAM
Oct 30, 2017
84 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
mkl38s wrote: I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no LCBO that costs only $14 :). You have to buy 2 bottles. I just did the cheapest one (2 Cono bottles) and it cost > $25 with 17BAM

Damnit! I didn't see that you had to buy both bottles. Looks like I have to do another offer now lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
greg898 wrote: They had a bottle of Rose in the group that ended Saturday that I picked up. Was $13.95 :).
Yes but needed to buy the other bottle also. If you bought only the Rose, you will get some BAM but it will not count as an STB partner.
* Buy 1 JACOBS CREEK MOSCATO (1500 ml) ... LCBO # 406843 = $ 23.95
AND
Buy 1 JACOBS CREEK MOSCATO ROSE SPARKLING (750:ml) ... LCBO # 445825 = $ 13.95
GET 22 BAMs
Oct 30, 2017
84 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
akaManny wrote: Yes but needed to buy the other bottle also. If you bought only the Rose, you will get some BAM but it will not count as an STB partner.
* Buy 1 JACOBS CREEK MOSCATO (1500 ml) ... LCBO # 406843 = $ 23.95
AND
Buy 1 JACOBS CREEK MOSCATO ROSE SPARKLING (750:ml) ... LCBO # 445825 = $ 13.95
GET 22 BAMs
Well, thankfully I kept my receipt and can return it and get one of the new pairs.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you have to buy the pair on one receipt?

Also Notre you could do shell for $10-$15 but buying something (e.g. Starbucks GC) in store.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
aw1883 wrote: Do you have to buy the pair on one receipt?

Also Notre you could do shell for $10-$15 but buying something (e.g. Starbucks GC) in store.
Your answers can be found in the threads specific to these offers

LCBO (NEW - December Offers) = ontario-lcbo-various-product-offers-bam ... h-2335297/
LCBO (OLD - November Offers) = ontario-lcbo-various-product-offers-bam ... h-2328780/

SHELL RETAIL - Instore Purchase = bc-ab-sk-mb-nt-shell-retail-5-bams-wus- ... h-2328765/

FYI ... Got to use the SUB FORUM we are blessed with ... if we want to keep it!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, I couldn't find the answer to my LCBO question in that thread. Shell wasn't a question, I was clarifying earlier poster's perception, same as the person who said it required 2 bottles not 1.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: Thanks, I couldn't find the answer to my LCBO question in that thread. Shell wasn't a question, I was clarifying earlier poster's perception, same as the person who said it required 2 bottles not 1.
If you click on how to use the coupon, it said "...Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction...", so do both in one single transaction to be sure. Check for store's availability on both before heading out
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, I had found several one-but-not-the-other situations in various local stores (using website). Hoping the inventory checker is fairly accurate. Will take a list of several pairs to be safe (going for the low end stuff which will net at about $5-$7 a bottle of my math is right).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)