Entertainment

Who still has Rogers Cable service or similar Cable service?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2018 1:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4825 posts
1353 upvotes
GTEH!

Who still has Rogers Cable service or similar Cable service?

Was a long time Robbers cable customer and noticed shows in general on regular channels are pathetic these days.
Decided to cut the cable and subscribe to Netflix. A lot of people have told me there are certain shows they watch on Netflix. So far I've watched a few shows and couldn't believe I waited this long to subscribe to Netflix.

Anyone else? What are you doing for TV shows currently?
😎
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4560 posts
1843 upvotes
Global Village
Still with Rogers, mainly for sports, the PVR experience, ondemand, consistently crisp full HD viewing experience. They keep offering just enough free content each month to keep me interested. Supplemented with some occasional streaming for specific shows.
All day I dream about sports
Feb 24, 2018
276 posts
134 upvotes
Tbh since cancelling cable, I watch less TV in general. Yes there's streaming and whatnot but I just found that having cable and having shows to watch at certain times, ties up your schedule when that's not needed. I'm not saying I don't watch TV at all or anything but when I do, it's usually in spurts rather than tuning in every Thursday at 8:30 for X show.

I also do watch less sports which I actually do miss but use online streaming when I want to and have found myself happier with less sports.

I disagree with those people who say you shouldn't own a TV but at the same time, it is nice to not be tied to it either.

Also, the reason you find their general channels suck, is that two years or so ago, they changed their basic package. Their basic $25/month or whatever it is package now is mostly just channels you would get via antenna in a major city (Global, CBC, CTV, PBS, City, Omni, etc). It's a very small amount. Their actual basic package is now some silver more expensive package.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15244 posts
3041 upvotes
Toronto
PHuth2 wrote: I disagree with those people who say you shouldn't own a TV but at the same time, it is nice to not be tied to it either.
I am a long time Rogers cable customer and I will never ever get rid of it. I Love my cable!!
I will cut back the number of channels I subscribe to, and use one of those android black boxes instead to get some of the channels, but
I am indeed keeping Rogers cable for channels like Game Show Network & Others that are only on cable and can not be found through any other method.

Rogers is allowing me to have their Nextbox 3.0 at no extra charge per month, so I can record shows and watch them whenever I want freely.
That same box also has channel 100, which includes the ability to watch shows that I forgot to record.
It's a great box. I LOVE Rogers very much!! They have been very good to me.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3948 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
I had Roger cable for years but recently switched to Bell Fibe, and oh man, what a huge improvement. The guide is better, more responsive and just feels fresher. The Bell box has built in YouTube and Netflix, which eliminates an extra step when I want to watch something on one of those services.

Also, the fact that you can restart shows if you missed the start is a game changer.

Finally, being able to watch TV on a laptop or other device is a pretty neat feature too, especially since we only have one tv set up.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1