Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2619 posts
778 upvotes

Who takes Multivitamins?

I'm currently taking Jamieson Men Power but this one is discontinued and I need a replacement. Anyone recommendations? Ones without Iron though since that stuff makes me poop blood.
37 replies
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
I take a Multi that is highly recommended from a natural Homeopath Multi
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1274 posts
190 upvotes
Progressive for active men. I get mine from Popeye's.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9535 posts
3804 upvotes
Toronto
Phat_cow wrote: I wouldn't take it if it ain't working for me. Makes huge difference for me!
what is it that you were deficient in before that it made such a huge difference?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13897 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Just eat your fruits and veggies so you don't have to take multi-vitamins.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Just eat your fruits and veggies so you don't have to take multi-vitamins.
How does that supply things like zinc, calcium, Vitamin D?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13897 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Most fruits provide a small amount of zinc, but several are especially rich in the mineral. Pomegranates are among the richest, with about 1 milligram of zinc in one fresh pomegranate. Avocados are also relatively high in zinc, with about 1.3 milligrams in one medium fruit. Some berries are also good sources of zinc.

Here are ten delicious fruits you can alternate between are great sources of calcium, not to mention other nutrients!

Oranges and Tangerines. ...
Dried Apricots. ...
Kiwi. ...
Dates. ...
Dried Figs. ...
Rhubarb. ...
Prickly Pears. ...
Prunes.

Maitake mushrooms have a higher concentration of vitamin D per serving than any other type of mushroom. Each 1-cup serving of diced, raw maitake mushrooms contains 786 international units of vitamin D, which is more than 100 percent of the 600 IU daily intake recommended for healthy adult men and women.

amz155 wrote: How does that supply things like zinc, calcium, Vitamin D?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
Lol, I need 5000IU of Vitamin D daily. I couldn't eat enough produce to consume enough calcium. And even if I did, I'd be missing out on other foods. Anti-upplememt people tend to be pretty myopic. Not saying that's the case here, but often people can't think about contexts beyond their own.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1387 posts
426 upvotes
Calgary
Ojibway Bob wrote: I take a Multi that is highly recommended from a natural Homeopath Multi
Based on who recommended it, I wouldn't bother.
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
Dark Phoenix wrote: Based on who recommended it, I wouldn't bother.
Before I started to take it I read alot of reviews on it.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
Ojibway Bob wrote: Before I started to take it I read alot of reviews on it.
The brand Natural Factors is fine. Getting advice from a homeopath is not though. Homeopathy is not an evidence based practice.
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
amz155 wrote: The brand Natural Factors is fine. Getting advice from a homeopath is not though. Homeopathy is not an evidence based practice.
Sorry, I guess I should have stated that she is also a personal trainer
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1387 posts
426 upvotes
Calgary
Ojibway Bob wrote: Sorry, I guess I should have stated that she is also a personal trainer
That doesn't help.
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
Dark Phoenix wrote: That doesn't help.
It does help my Wife. Night and Day change, not just physical but mental. Depression is still an issue but to see her being more happy about herself...priceless..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2619 posts
778 upvotes
Ojibway Bob wrote: It does help my Wife. Night and Day change, not just physical but mental. Depression is still an issue but to see her being more happy about herself...priceless..
She must have the same problem as me. I get super moody if i dont take my Multivitamins. I'm glad this is helping her.

I only buy vitiamins that are well known
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
Phat_cow wrote: She must have the same problem as me. I get super moody if i dont take my Multivitamins. I'm glad this is helping her.

I only buy vitiamins that are well known
She has a lot of Woman problems. She suffered from endometriosis for most of her life, partial hysterectomy 8 years ago, a degenerate shoulder problem which makes it dislocate 2-3 times a year, as well as the depression and anxiety attacks that make it hard for her to sleep for days at times.

The trainer has helped her balance herself and be happy about herself. She is blessed with a high metabolism which has helped her maintain her smallish statue. I do admit her diet was not the best but she was never a junk food junkie either. She is a smoker which is another knack against her but all in due time.

If someone decides to use vitamins I believe any little bit helps and if one is to look a little close into their own health, they will see eventually what foods can help with what and start to do more natural means as opposed to the pill form.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
Ojibway Bob wrote: Sorry, I guess I should have stated that she is also a personal trainer
My bad, it's not even the Natural Factors brand. Being a PT doesn't make the recommendation more legit though.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
Ojibway Bob wrote: It does help my Wife. Night and Day change, not just physical but mental. Depression is still an issue but to see her being more happy about herself...priceless..
There's nothing in that multivitamin in any significant amount. She might think that taking a multi is taking positive action towards her health and might be rewarded with a bit of placebo effect. But multis aren't made to cause night and day effects.