Careers

Who's looking forward to going back into the Office?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 11:40 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11774 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto

Who's looking forward to going back into the Office?

So just wondering what the Office/Corporate sentiment is with the vaccines.

Anybody here looking forward to getting out of the house and back into the excitement of the boardroom/cubicle/water cooler?
21 replies
Aug 3, 2017
689 posts
505 upvotes
at1212b wrote: So just wondering what the Office/Corporate sentiment is with the vaccines.

Anybody here looking forward to getting out of the house and back into the excitement of the boardroom/cubicle/water cooler?
I really miss work travel and getting out to see colleagues around the country and looking partners in the eye. I do not however miss the office at all!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5100 posts
1276 upvotes
Hard no.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1065 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
No. Im not social at work so it doesn't bother me the lack of social contact. The save on commute time is great. Breakfast can now be eaten at breakfast time
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20067 posts
5458 upvotes
Good Morning
Never left the office but it's weird being one of 4 people on the 1600 sq ft floor that I'm on.

Communication by yelling across the building has become an office meme between us ahaha
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4630 posts
2731 upvotes
Work for me fully adapting a hybrid work from anywhere model even before pandemic, so this would just continue it. When things are safe and normalish, I plan on going into the office just once a week.

Head office is 120km drive for me and downtown Toronto office could not possibly fit everyone we hired this year anyways. I do miss hanging out with people though, nice lunches and snacking on treats, and grabbing coffees.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1049 posts
561 upvotes
Manitoba
We never went to WFH....
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5641 posts
2465 upvotes
Toronto
No. It will also be interesting to see what tack they take with the vaccines. I can see some people refusing to get the vaccine just so they can continue to WFH (if being vaccinated is required to be back in the office).
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12226 posts
6763 upvotes
Brampton
I do miss driving my car in the weehours of the morning and being alone in my car during that morning drive in the Summer and the fall listening to 80s on 8.

The commute home generally sucks and anytime in the winter.

I also enjoy being the first to take a dump in the office on that cool clean porcelain in the morning. Forcing a log (or shotgun spraying last night's indian food)thru that pristine waterline in the toilet bowl full of blue cleanser.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2017
1388 posts
1219 upvotes
I miss the office and going for walks at lunch. I miss the food court lunches and coffee chats with coworkers too. I live downtown in a condo so being stuck in a condo during a pandemic is not fun. Once things go back to normal I will be WFH once a week and be in the office 4 days a week.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1916 posts
305 upvotes
Canada
our office won't open until spring 2022
so I;m good.
Sep 28, 2013
689 posts
410 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Never left the office but it's weird being one of 4 people on the 1600 sq ft floor that I'm on.

Communication by yelling across the building has become an office meme between us ahaha
(fist bump)

Same here. I'm one of the 5% of the employees who never left the office. It's a 15 min walk to work, office to myself (and a couple others). Figured at the outset that I should make myself as visible as possible (someone very senior at my firm is also coming to work, and it was just him and myself for several months) in case they start laying people off!
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6462 posts
1236 upvotes
If I never had to go back, I’d be perfectly fine with that. Crappy co-workers/office environment is one of the things I hate the most about where I work.
Dec 12, 2008
66 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
Looking forward to be back 1 day a week. Quite a few new people on my squad and bonding by teams is not the same. Same for some meetings (especially training) where in person is just more fluid. In general though WFH is just so much better.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1897 posts
929 upvotes
Moon
They'll have to fire me first. At most i'll show up once a week. Many of our team members have straight up left the city already and are planning to work remotely forever. They will be doing a lot of firing if they don't accept the new normal.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2274 posts
858 upvotes
I'm ok with MAX 2 days a week - preferably 1 - and quite frankly I won't even be asking if I can take that schedule...I'm just going to do it. A lot of us have been WFH for (at the time we go back) over a year...there's no reason to go back 5x a week.
Feb 1, 2008
767 posts
34 upvotes
I actually want to go back to the office on a limited basis, maybe 1-2 a week, and maintain wfh for the rest of the week.
I do not enjoy my commute to work, but i find that sometimes i would prefer a change in environment and work from the office. That, and ive been working longer hours at home and the work-life balance seems to have been impacted.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5696 posts
2262 upvotes
Debtario
Never left the office. Only upper management is special enough to WFH, meanwhile everybody else got their extra "danger" pay taken away this summer as soon as other employers stopped doing that,

It's actually terribly annoying, the people left behind are now expected to pick up the slack, pass messages, and get delegated work just because we are the boots on the ground.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"