Entertainment

Whos watching the I Heart Radio Much Music Video Awards?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2016 7:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge

Whos watching the I Heart Radio Much Music Video Awards?

I would have loved to go but whos going to watch my kids and Put them to bed so this year I will watch it on TV instead. I want to see drake win some awards. How about everyone else
Thanks
15 replies
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Why did they call it I Heart Radio this year? Last year it was just called MMVA's, no?
Thanks
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Are people NOT watching the awards or something?
Thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Stronzo1 wrote: I would have loved to go but whos going to watch my kids and Put them to bed so this year I will watch it on TV instead. I want to see drake win some awards. How about everyone else
Not Me! :D
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Not me what? You would not loved to go? Or you dont love drake?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3782 posts
1685 upvotes
Caught only a few minutes during the NBA Finals Game 7 intermission. So glad the Cavs won tonight!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA
Stronzo1 wrote: Why did they call it I Heart Radio this year? Last year it was just called MMVA's, no?
The MMVAs Become the iHeartRadio Canada Much Music Video Awards
http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/broa ... 1004114614

"Much announced today the evolution of Canada’s most iconic street level music awards show into The iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards. The rename is the next step in the introduction of iHeartRadio into Canada prior to its official launch later this year."

"Launching this fall, the iHeartRadio digital service in Canada will showcase content from Bell Media, Canada’s largest radio broadcaster with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across the country. Upon launch, iHeartRadio in Canada will provide instant access to the live radio feature offering listeners throughout Canada all of Bell Media’s broadcast and digital-only radio stations across mobile, auto dashes, tablets and smartphones, gaming consoles, wearables, and more."
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18849 posts
6890 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of hot girls. Worth the watch.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6746 posts
487 upvotes
GT'eh
This is confusing since iheart and much has their own music brands and awards show? so does this mean after this yr no more MMVA's Will they call it IHeart Canada awards next year?
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1431 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
So no more much music? confusing...maybe thats why nobody watched it. Didnt they have like 2 of these iheart awards already?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
But i do remember there being another i heart awards earlier this yr
Thanks
Mar 10, 2009
464 posts
88 upvotes
Bell has licensing agreement with iHeartRadio in Canada - the rebranding of the MMVAs was to give iHeart more brand awareness in Canada, like a title sponsor. Safe to assume if the partnership ends with iHeart, so will the co-branding with the MMVAs.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Stronzo1 wrote: Not me what? You would not loved to go? Or you dont love drake?
Not me...meaning that I don't really care about this Awards show...because to me most of the current modern music on the market sucks. Only a handful of good songs in a sea of really bad songs.

The target audience for today's sub-par music are tone deaf people...no musical ears...and teeny bobbers. I want good music...more even than lyrics...good vocals....original talent, not manufactured music stars...and music videos are basically like soft pr0n these days...no creativity just scantly clad people dancing and grinding each others bodies to terrible music. It's like that Dub Step crap...there are people actually out there who think this kind of music is so original and beautiful...to me it's like Techno music put in a blender. ;)

80's upto mid-late 90s music was the best era of music...and the most diverse...and the most talent...and the most creative....PERIOD! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13299 posts
2657 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
MMVA's/MTV awards are useless. No one caressss... they dont mean anything anymore and hold zero significance in the grand scheme of things. Even grammys have become a washed down joke. Only award that retains some importance are the oscars and even that has decline in ratings over the years. People are are weary of wealthy liberal idiots patting themselves on the back.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA
iHeartRadio Now Available in Canada
http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/acqu ... 004124036/

"Bell Media announced that North America’s fastest growing digital audio service iHeartRadio is now available in Canada effective Monday, Oct. 10. Featuring streaming channels and sought-after music events, the digital radio service is absolutely free to Canadians via iOS and Android apps, and at iHeartRadio.ca. With instant access to hundreds of stations including listener favourites like Virgin Radio, TSN Radio, Newstalk stations, and many more, the new and easy-to-use iHeartRadio Canada digital service showcases an unparalleled amount of music, news/talk, comedy, and sports content from Bell Media, Canada’s largest radio broadcaster with 105 licensed English and French radio stations, plus more than 100 additional curated streaming music channels to suit every taste… with many more announcements to come."