Art and Photography

Why is best buy canada not selling osmo pocket

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 11:18 am
Mar 25, 2018
1 posts

Why is best buy canada not selling osmo pocket

Anyone have any insight on why best buy is not selling the osmo pocket? I would imagine it would be in the same category as gopros.

I have a $400 gift card and i want to use it for that.

It is being sold at the american best buys. I've been waiting for it to appear on bestbuy.ca.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
timelord11 wrote: Anyone have any insight on why best buy is not selling the osmo pocket? I would imagine it would be in the same category as gopros.

I have a $400 gift card and i want to use it for that.

It is being sold at the american best buys. I've been waiting for it to appear on bestbuy.ca.
AFAIK, nobody is selling the Osmo Pocket yet here in Canada. DJI has yet to ship it to Canadian retailers.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aerok wrote: AFAIK, nobody is selling the Osmo Pocket yet here in Canada. DJI has yet to ship it to Canadian retailers.
You are wrong. Vistek got them last week and Henry's I believe had a small quantity of them on Monday.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
EP32k2 wrote: You are wrong. Vistek got them last week and Henry's I believe had a small quantity of them on Monday.
Ah ok then. You just ahve to be patient for the stock I guess
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aerok wrote: Ah ok then. You just ahve to be patient for the stock I guess
Not really. Vistek had a ton of them on Thursday. I picked mine up on Friday at their Toronto store, but you could have ordered on Thursday with free shipping. Or just buy direct from DJI and save on taxes :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered online from DJI direct
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
DJI = no taxes, save your BB Can gift card for something else

some questions:

battery life when shooting 4k60?

is h.625 hevc coming? if not, how big are the 4k60 files?

there's nothing supporting the phone's weight besides the USB-C/Lightning connector?!
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
twitchyzero wrote: DJI = no taxes, save your BB Can gift card for something else

some questions:

there's nothing supporting the phone's weight besides the USB-C/Lightning connector?!
Haven't have time to play with mine yet. Weird how in all the videos people are holding on to the OP and letting the phone unsupported. Holding the phone and letting the OP hang off the side seems to be more comfortable.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
product clearly screams holiday cash grab
Story mode/picture profiles not available yet...no price/eta on waterproof housing either
will buy it but probably wait until few weeks before the spring break trip
then again, i remember my mavic pro pre-order back in 2016 taking almost 6 months to ship..
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote: DJI = no taxes, save your BB Can gift card for something else

some questions:

I have a 57 second clip of 4k60 and it's 688mb
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
timelord11 wrote: why best buy is not selling the osmo pocket?
Bestbuy Canada has been dead for a long time(unfortunately) in terms of variety on desirable products(at least for me).The most reputable gears are not sold in store and you cannot use your store credit card for monthly installments on desired items that are only sold by online third party sellers!Past old good days are long gone. Bestbuy in States,however,is different story.Just look at item/s,prices,and differences(except TVs)on flyers over past black Friday and cyber Monday between States and Canada stores,and you will get the idea.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
^ not true, they usually stock up on the latest DJI products, first-party online

no offense but if you can't pay off your gear in lumpsum you probably shouldn't be getting it

oni-kun: a min is 700MB? that's how much a 2hr 480p takes up...yeah H.625 is badly needed (but the CPU can't handle it)

wow gone through 4 gimbals in the last few years, and this doesn't look like it'll be the one either :(

Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
Order from DJI Direct and pay no taxes...

Took 3 days for Delivery by DHL...

Also get 2.5% Cash Back from eBates...
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
gen 1 product is gen 1

i'm glad it exists, and it's still a good value...but so many deal-breakers

hope they make improvements, actually have accessories/features at launch, and slap in a 1" sensor for next year

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)