Real Estate

Why can't I get a better deal without a buyers agent?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 5:41 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4912 upvotes
Here 'n There
oasis100 wrote: In a sellers market. or if your property is desirable, 2.5% to coop agent does seem like a lot. but when a property is less desirable or its a buyers market, sellers are more than happy to give 2.5. even 3. also. it doesnt matter to the seller since its the buyer that is paying for it.. this is the standard rate. crying about it on rfd doesn't accomplish anything. get a realtor license or live with
Finally I agree with you! Interested parties should click below:
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2016
1866 posts
888 upvotes
Because sellers and seller agents don't like to deal with buyers who really, really want to save the last 1%? When sellers accept a conditional offer, they're taking somewhat of a leap of faith, assuming that the buyer really is interested in buying the property as presented, and not just tying the property up and then trying to negotiate a better price using whatever minor problems found during inspection.

Think of it this way: Sellers who want to deal with buyers without agents, in order to get another 1% more from their sale, would have already listed their property on MLS on their own for $500. If they use a traditional full-service realtor, perhaps they have already factored in the cost of buyers' agent commissions and don't want to deal with self-represented bargain hunters.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4723 posts
1232 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote: Because sellers and seller agents don't like to deal with buyers who really, really want to save the last 1%? When sellers accept a conditional offer, they're taking somewhat of a leap of faith, assuming that the buyer really is interested in buying the property as presented, and not just tying the property up and then trying to negotiate a better price using whatever minor problems found during inspection.
Huh? Are we talking about conditional offers or buying with an agent?
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2015
2371 posts
1994 upvotes
Canada
oasis100 wrote: In a sellers market. or if your property is desirable, 2.5% to coop agent does seem like a lot. but when a property is less desirable or its a buyers market, sellers are more than happy to give 2.5. even 3. also. it doesnt matter to the seller since its the buyer that is paying for it.. this is the standard rate. crying about it on rfd doesn't accomplish anything. get a realtor license or live with
Thats the lie that makes me fire my agents...

All agents are propagating this lie. Its unethical and a massive conflict of interest.

If you dont know what I am talking about then maybe you’re just a clueless agent that just follows the pack...
To the moon
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2016
1866 posts
888 upvotes
RCGA wrote: Huh? Are we talking about conditional offers or buying with an agent?
Buying with an agent. Sellers who are not investors (i.e. not trying to get absolutely the highest dollar possible) often trust their agent to a certain extent. They simply get an agent they trust at the gut level, and if their agent tell them an offer is not desirable, the price would need to be a lot higher for them to go against their agent.

Put it simply, if you don't want to pay your agent, look for sellers who also don't want to pay their agent.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4897 posts
2844 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: Thats the lie that makes me fire my agents...

All agents are propagating this lie. Its unethical and a massive conflict of interest.

If you dont know what I am talking about then maybe you’re just a clueless agent that just follows the pack...
Say what you want. no one is stopping you from trying to buy a property on your own.

but trust me. your rants on a internet forum isnt going to change the status quo.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2015
2371 posts
1994 upvotes
Canada
oasis100 wrote: Say what you want. no one is stopping you from trying to buy a property on your own.

but trust me. your rants on a internet forum isnt going to change the status quo.
Ah yes the lie to maintain status quo.

Disruption is coming soon.
To the moon

Top