Food & Drink

Why Chicken Nuggets dont taste like Chicken?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2011 7:43 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes

Why Chicken Nuggets dont taste like Chicken?

This is a dumb question however everytime I eat Chicken Nuggets, fingers, unbreaded chicken fillets etc it really dont taste like chicken, and it doesnt even look like chicken? It looks white and pasty/baked and chicken meat doesnt look like that?

I love eating Chicken, and hate BONES, and would pay more if I can get some real boneless chicken pieces instead of whatever this thing they are feeding me. :cry:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What if you tried making your own chicken nuggest with chunks of real chicken breast, do a taste compare and let us know? Or take Costco rotisserie chicken, cube them, batter them, deep fry them, and see how the taste/texture compares...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
duckdown wrote: ...What?

What I meant is that Chicken nuggets dont taste/look like real chicken meat. Im sure you will know what I mean if you think about it.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
duckdown wrote: ...What?

i know...

anyway, the part of the problem is that it is not common to see boneless dark meat being served at restos.
breat meat that's used for nuggets, fingers etc, dries out too easily. restos don't want to risk serving undercooked chicken, so they just cook the bejeezus out of it, so the final product is akin to dental floss sometimes.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
ippon wrote: i know...

anyway, the part of the problem is that it is not common to see boneless dark meat being served at restos.
breat meat that's used for nuggets, fingers etc, dries out too easily. restos don't want to risk serving undercooked chicken, so they just cook the bejeezus out of it, so the final product is akin to dental floss sometimes.

They use breast meat? I thought they used that pink gloop bleached white.

[IMG]http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2010/10/nugget-goo.jpg[/IMG]

Reference: http://gizmodo.com/5654066/chicken-nugg ... icken-goop
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
never had a chicken finger that didnt taste like chicken, pull apart meat in all restos that i have found
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Ironic how OP doesn't consider chicken nuggets to taste like chicken, when so many other foods out there taste like chicken when they're not.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
mrperfect wrote: HOLY S!!!
I just threw up a little in my mouth, if what you posted is real, Im never eating them again.
That is disgusting. crap yikes, bleh, argh, yukk :cry:

what's wrong with it? chicken meat is not entirely white.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
mrperfect wrote: and would pay more if I can get some real boneless chicken pieces instead of whatever this thing they are feeding me. :cry:

You can. Sometimes I buy frozen chicken fingers made with pieces of whole chicken (meaning, not minced up). It tastes like real chicken...but to be honest I prefer the taste of McNugget mystery meat.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
nyik wrote: What if you tried making your own chicken nuggest with chunks of real chicken breast, do a taste compare and let us know? Or take Costco rotisserie chicken, cube them, batter them, deep fry them, and see how the taste/texture compares...

I can't stand the "chicken paste" they use at Mcdonalds, subway and many places.
the texture is just too weird.

I have given up om eating chicken at most places, unless I know they use real chicken.
MM meatshop nuggets are no better also, same for many of the grocery store kinds.

I just make my own chicken strips and put them in the freezer, eat those with the McD sauce or whatever other sauce I like :)

Usually if I want a chicken sandwich while out I go to a grocery store near me where they use real chicken (only prob is it takes 20+ minutes to cook your sandwich...), or a indian place that makes chicken wraps with real chicken breast (they cook a bunch before and just slice and heat and put in your wrap- they even make the Naan when you are there).

For store bought nuggets I find the Zoglos vegetarian nuggets, the ones coated with sesame seeds are very good and healthy too! they do not taste like soy or anything either!
or else those veggie nuggets with the vegetables loblaws sells

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)