Off Topic

Why Do Company Christmas Party/Banquet Hall Food Suck So Much?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2018 1:32 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto

Why Do Company Christmas Party/Banquet Hall Food Suck So Much?

Why do banquet hall food suck so much? My company rented a banquet hall and paid $75 per plate and the food was like Air Canada food served in airplanes. And to think that a handsome dinner plate at Dennys costs around $23 bucks.

My friends company did their Christmas party at a Mandarin and everybody stuffed themselved with excellent food, now thats a gluttony festival right there. I bet it was cheaper than a banquet hall too since they didnt have to rent a hall.

No more company parties for me, Im skipping it next time.
58 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3611 posts
1043 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
cus only the italian banquet halls have good food, the others have garbage food. since italians are the ones who invented food and everybody loves italian food, why go to a "canadian" banquet hall? to get ripped off thats why
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2087 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
And the fact that you have to pay $75 is ridiculous, you're a guest not a stranger. I don't invite someone over to my house for diner and give them a bill at the end :lol:

You need to attend Italian parties, best food, best drinks, no money :D
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3611 posts
1043 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
haha
true, but we give a nice envelope to them that might be stuffed with some money to say "thank you"
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5523 posts
4817 upvotes
Lol Denny's? I'd take banquet food over that crap any day. Heck, I'd even take airline food over Denny's
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24518 posts
1731 upvotes
Markham, ON
because the $75 was not for the food...but rental during a very busy season...wages of staff, utilities, rent, insurance, etc.

food is always the last part that gets cut.

a waiter for every 2 tables isnt cheap...

mandarin gets business almost all day...high turnover...the overhead cost can be spread out more. Wait staff is paid etc for 3 hours of service at a banquet....and your lucky to rent the hall for once a day.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3611 posts
1043 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
also don't forget, mandarin they dump the foot into the buffet tables and you help yourself, italian banquet halls they bring the plate right to your table, big difference
Hi
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1973 posts
1227 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Banquet hall food is amazing, OP just doesn't have a sophisticated enough palette to appreciate it.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: cus only the italian banquet halls have good food, the others have garbage food. since italians are the ones who invented food and everybody loves italian food, why go to a "canadian" banquet hall? to get ripped off thats why
Isnt italian food just pasta and bread? Im not into italian food if I go to a party on an empty stomach, I would have to go to McDonalds afterwards to actually finish getting full.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10608 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lmao @ mandarin being excellent food

troll on OP....troll on....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12505 posts
6377 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: lmao @ mandarin being excellent food

this
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5845 posts
1241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nasa25 wrote: lmao @ mandarin being excellent food

Swerny wrote: this
i guess excellent by comparison
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11684 posts
2238 upvotes
Food must have been bad if Mandarin and Denny's are the gold standard for OP.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3611 posts
1043 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
MusicBox wrote: Isnt italian food just pasta and bread? Im not into italian food if I go to a party on an empty stomach, I would have to go to McDonalds afterwards to actually finish getting full.
ok if ur stereo type of italian wedding food is just spaghetti and bread u got issues lol or watch too much TV. weddings and banuquet halls serve much better food like gnochi or ravioli, veal parmigiano / chicken parmigiano, some kind of nice steak or beaf, risotto, some kind of chicken thigh or corning hen, if u havent had that then ur at the wrong kinda wedding
Hi