Shopping Discussion

Why do fridges never go on a decent sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 7:34 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2013
160 posts
14 upvotes

Why do fridges never go on a decent sale?

I have been keeping a eye out of months. Fridges never go on for more the $250 at the very most. Only one I have seen was odd Bosch went on sale for some crazy price off which makes me suspicious of why as it seemed to good to be true. Pretty much up for anything (36" counter depth) thats not a Samsung. My Samsung washer and dryer and stove all look great but dont perform. Hoping for a Black Friday (i know its american but Canadian retailer still advertising it, sale). When is the best time to buy a fridge?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12557 posts
15930 upvotes
Vancouver
Where have you been looking and how much are you willing to spend? Trail Appliances can have good clearance deals. The Victoria location has nothing right now, but there's plenty at the clearance centre on Annacis Island. Some models that have $4,000+ MSRP are on sale for <$1,800. Not sure if they ship to the Island from there. Ferry ride in your future?
Dec 22, 2016
384 posts
348 upvotes
SW Ontario
After my 3 year old lg died I hit the scratch and dent zone. I ended up paying 2100 all in with extended warranty /delivery on this guy

https://www.lowes.ca/product/french-doo ... eel-751818

When it was actually priced at about 4000$ at that time.

Has a crease about 6 inches long 3 inches up from the bottom on the front. Guessing from a dollie. Nobody has ever commented on it. Plus the colour hides it well.

It was a deal for us as all other fridges in that size were in the 2000$ range.