Off Topic Archive

Locked: Why do mass murderers always half-ass everything?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:14 am
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
42594 posts
5964 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
MagaYYC wrote: Beyond the morbid curiosity cited, also because some people have a vested interest in learning what drives a person to commit certain acts like this against others. Criminal psychology is essential for helping prevent cases like this, but not just for those with that specific line of employment, society needs to have a more vested interest too. People state they want to help prevent violent crime but waste their time on superficial crap like guns, or video games, or music.
Mental illness, misogyny, racism, classism, lack of education, flawed belief system, etc etc. Are the causes.

Also one thing people neglect... some people are just effed up.

Once in a while a serial killer will come from a loving background and priviledged. Like ted bundy... lovely family. Good looking white guy and smart.
But he just had it in him to kill...

The scientific answer? Some people's brains are wired differently where they don't feel the same remorse as we do. If any normal person kills viciously (or even in self defence), they will cry themselves to sleep for weeks...months... or years... or for life. or be all anxious and stressed.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1931 posts
436 upvotes
Calgary
What a ridiculous thread.

OP, I bet you've never even killed a single person, and here you are calling out people who have managed to end more than one life.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2009
1283 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Exactly. If I were to (I would never though because I have a lot to live for in life and don’t want to sacrifice anything), I’d execute my plan well. If you’re going to do it, at least do it right
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
3879 posts
1281 upvotes
Parry Sound
I'd assume it's because none of them have had any mass murdering practise.

CSIS should flag OP for thinking of this thread.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Banned
User avatar
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote: Vegas shooter did his homework and prepared for years. Clearly he got results.
Prepared for years for something so easy? Does he work for the city or for Crosslinx? I can rent a hotel room, buy rifles and ammunition and shoot down on Canada's Wonderland in only 48 hrs.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28554 posts
1256 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
canehdianman wrote: What a ridiculous thread.

OP, I bet you've never even killed a single person, and here you are calling out people who have managed to end more than one life.
lul
PayTM$154, died. SDM: $4574 Rakuten: $134.54
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10611 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
The Golden State Killer went 30 years without being caught. Some are good at covering up their crimes and/or have help doing so (i.e. GS killer was a former cop).
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2009
1283 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
While I agree that the Van driver could have planned better, e.g. target a bigger crowd of people, like a large event where theres more likely to be a larger amount of people like that Christmas market attack in Nice, France 2 years ago. Or work alongside another "incel" We shouldn't really be glorifying these mass killers or putting their identities up on worldwide television as a lot are more likely inclined to follow through. That's exactly what they want and if they know they'll get it they'll do it.

Theres a large lack of creativity in this art. Shooting up a school or a large venue is outplayed. Wheres the originality nowadays?

Still yet to see the day a rich bored nihilistic billionaire says "**** it" and starts a terrorist attack using all their resources at their disposal
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18724 posts
1937 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Kiteak wrote: While I agree that the Van driver could have planned better, e.g. target a bigger crowd of people, like a large event where theres more likely to be a larger amount of people like that Christmas market attack in Nice, France 2 years ago. Or work alongside another "incel" We shouldn't really be glorifying these mass killers or putting their identities up on worldwide television as a lot are more likely inclined to follow through. That's exactly what they want and if they know they'll get it they'll do it.

Theres a large lack of creativity in this art. Shooting up a school or a large venue is outplayed. Wheres the originality nowadays?

Still yet to see the day a rich bored nihilistic billionaire says "**** it" and starts a terrorist attack using all their resources at their disposal
dictators don't count?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2009
1283 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Basically someone not in political power


If I were to execute my plan properly, I would probably strike not only with a van, but also a gun to pick off anyone I could have missed. I would target a big venue with a huge density of people, I would probably report a bunch of threats at unrelated locations to catch the authorities off guard. I would also probably have a bunch of cooker bombs or something. It would be great to work with someone else for more efficiency, but that cant be the case with these kinds of people or else it would happen way more frequently.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
12668 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
Kiteak wrote: Basically someone not in political power


If I were to execute my plan properly, I would probably strike not only with a van, but also a gun to pick off anyone I could have missed. I would target a big venue with a huge density of people, I would probably report a bunch of threats at unrelated locations to catch the authorities off guard. I would also probably have a bunch of cooker bombs or something. It would be great to work with someone else for more efficiency, but that cant be the case with these kinds of people or else it would happen way more frequently.
You're seriously explaining your plan on how to commit a mass murder on a deals website?

Why does this thread still exist?

IBTL

Top