• Feb 26th, 2006 12:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18505 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
that_staples_guy wrote:Yuck, I've seen them for sale at Soon Lee (chinese supermarket), disgusting. Not as disgusting as some Sri Lankan restaurants I've been to which serve intestine of mutton.
You obviously havn't been to a Chinese restauarnt... instestine from pigs, cows, chicken, rats....

Just kidding about the rats.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2002
842 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
mrmoe wrote:i'm sorry but if you eat chicken feet then you are able to eat just about anything.

Question for the feet eaters, have you ever been in a chicken coop?

edit: my reason for not eating it is because it's effin disgusting.
do u eat pork? have u seen a pig pen or whatever its called? its pretty gross..

i pretty much made this thread because i had just finished reading an article where someone was putting down chinese people because they eat chicken feet.. and they hadnt even tried it before...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
coopaloop wrote:I can't see there being a-lot of meat on a chickens feet!!

Now pigs that's a different story.

It's more for the sauce, not the meat. It used to be fun playing with the tendons too when I was a kid.
Oct 11, 2004
294 posts
Toronto
Grayson M wrote:do u eat pork? have u seen a pig pen or whatever its called? its pretty gross..

i pretty much made this thread because i had just finished reading an article where someone was putting down chinese people because they eat chicken feet.. and they hadnt even tried it before...
Which article is this?

I'm Asian and I don't like eating chicken feet because I'm not a big fan of skin. But I know loads of Asian and non-Asian people who love it. It's an acquired taste.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2002
842 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
eat eggs much? those come out of a chicken's ass... they r also a baby chicken.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2739 posts
144 upvotes
Peterborough
Grayson M wrote:now.. i eat them all the tiem.. hell i love them.. they are delicious and awesome :D

people (typically of non-asian origin) have some problem with eating it for whatever reason.. im just wondering what is your reasoning behind not eating it..
Some folks just have trouble eating something so readily identifiable.

Meatloaf, steaks and burgers don't really look like a cow and a pork chop or bacon doesn't look like a pig. Chicken feet look like .. well, they look like chicken feet.

The mental disconnect some people need to be meat eaters just ain't there. Too much "Ew factor".
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2823 posts
51 upvotes
Ill eat any part of an animal as long as it is edible and cooked adn is delicious..

who cares if it looks nasty?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4041 posts
595 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I used to eat it when I was younger, but stopped since. Mainly because I'm lazy and hate eating things with so many bones in them, but also because you're pretty much just eating skin. Not much stuff on there. But, the sauce does taste good.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4788 posts
231 upvotes
Austin/Markham
its sooo gross, my coworker brought a box and was sharing it wid all the other co-workers. When i was offered some I said No, but I was thinking You disgusting ***** (i forgot how many characters in the word chinook) , unfortunately I;m on an island (Taiwan) rite now where ppl eat it, its like french fries in Canada, i try to avoid looking at it wid my eyes but tough sometimes.

Can't ppl respect animalz, bad enough u ate it, now u gotta eat his feet too, so maybe he hopping on stumps in heaven :confused:
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Aug 4, 2004
762 posts
[QUOTE
Can't ppl respect animalz, bad enough u ate it, now u gotta eat his feet too, so maybe he hopping on stumps in heaven :confused: [/QUOTE]

The chicken will be dead regardless, so I don't think it will matter to it.

But, will it be more comforting for you to know the feet were wasted in the garbage instead for feeding someone?
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Not all Asian people eat chicken feet, or fish heads, or puppies!!!! :mad:

Frankly, I think the reason that chicken feet, intestines, fish heads, etc. make up a small part of Asian cuisine is due to poverty. Everybody knows, including Asians, that these are less desireable parts of the animal. No matter where you go, chicken feet is much much cheaper than chicken breast. So poor people buy the chicken feet and make the best of it. The same applies in poor areas anywhere. For example, poor predominantly black communities in the US eat pigs feet, chitlins, etc.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
3118 posts
3 upvotes
Yeah people, quite knocking on the Asian homies, they are the bringers/manufacturers of chopsticks, William Hung, many dollar store items, Compaq Laptops and great places such as Mandarin!
TRANCE/HOUSE Fan?

D J H A R O U N . C O M
Jan 30, 2005
787 posts
bones and lack of meat. I agree that the actual look of the foot creeps out alot of people.

Regarding what the inside of a chicken coop looks like... They peel off an outer epidermis when preparing chicken feet -- and they do wash the product.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2004
1040 posts
Grayson M wrote:eat eggs much? those come out of a chicken's ass... they r also a baby chicken.
out the ass? really? i hope your parents didnt tell you that you came out of a ass.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11345 posts
707 upvotes
Ottawa
For me it's simply the though of eating Chicken's feet that turns me off of them. Just the way I was raised, I suppose, I have no idea what they taste like.
- Absolute
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18039 posts
1052 upvotes
thats nasty, and anyone who eats those better not ever talk to me, or breathe on me.

thats DIRTY.

I may throw up.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11345 posts
707 upvotes
Ottawa
duckdown wrote:thats nasty, and anyone who eats those better not ever talk to me, or breathe on me.
I used to work in the Loblaw's meat department; we'd have people put in special orders for pig's feet, chicken necks, etc. There is a demand for these items out there!
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
Absolute wrote:I used to work in the Loblaw's meat department; we'd have people put in special orders for pig's feet, chicken necks, etc. There is a demand for these items out there!
these items are usually for soups.
pigs feet, Chicken butts, cow tails etc. stuff with not a lot of meat, or meat that is hard to get to are used in soups. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Cow tail is Awesome.