• Feb 26th, 2006 12:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6153 posts
554 upvotes
BC
probably for the same reason i dont eat chicken heads.

no really, is there even any meat there?
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13039 posts
3523 upvotes
RFD
Suresh wrote:rofl
:lol:
Toenails are the shiznit...They are scrumcious and crunchy all in one!

:D
Aug 12, 2004
449 posts
Grayson M wrote:now.. i eat them all the tiem.. hell i love them.. they are delicious and awesome :D

people (typically of non-asian origin) have some problem with eating it for whatever reason.. im just wondering what is your reasoning behind not eating it..
Yes that is why we have CHICKEN DOGS.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4914 posts
388 upvotes
Ancaster
mrmoe wrote:i'm sorry but if you eat chicken feet then you are able to eat just about anything.

Question for the feet eaters, have you ever been in a chicken coop?

edit: my reason for not eating it is because it's effin disgusting.
It's all subjective I guess. I eat chicken feet, but I don't like eating any type of roe (cod, salmon, flying fish, etc.). I used to...but then the thought of having a thousand eggs in one bite, when they could've all been little fishes...that got to me.

Many cultures have things that other cultures may find disgusting...foie gras, sweetbreads, oysters, or even escargots can be seen as disgusting for other cultures.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Visualization and texture are the 2 major reasons why people dislike a certain kind of food. I started eating chicken feet before I even knew what it was when I was kid. :D It's smooth sailing aftewards.

There isn't much that I don't eat due to my imagination/visualization. But texture and smells sometimes get me
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18484 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
that_staples_guy wrote:Yuck, I've seen them for sale at Soon Lee (chinese supermarket), disgusting. Not as disgusting as some Sri Lankan restaurants I've been to which serve intestine of mutton.
You obviously havn't been to a Chinese restauarnt... instestine from pigs, cows, chicken, rats....

Just kidding about the rats.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2002
831 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby
mrmoe wrote:i'm sorry but if you eat chicken feet then you are able to eat just about anything.

Question for the feet eaters, have you ever been in a chicken coop?

edit: my reason for not eating it is because it's effin disgusting.
do u eat pork? have u seen a pig pen or whatever its called? its pretty gross..

i pretty much made this thread because i had just finished reading an article where someone was putting down chinese people because they eat chicken feet.. and they hadnt even tried it before...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
coopaloop wrote:I can't see there being a-lot of meat on a chickens feet!!

Now pigs that's a different story.

It's more for the sauce, not the meat. It used to be fun playing with the tendons too when I was a kid.
Oct 11, 2004
294 posts
Toronto
Grayson M wrote:do u eat pork? have u seen a pig pen or whatever its called? its pretty gross..

i pretty much made this thread because i had just finished reading an article where someone was putting down chinese people because they eat chicken feet.. and they hadnt even tried it before...
Which article is this?

I'm Asian and I don't like eating chicken feet because I'm not a big fan of skin. But I know loads of Asian and non-Asian people who love it. It's an acquired taste.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2002
831 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby
eat eggs much? those come out of a chicken's ass... they r also a baby chicken.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2733 posts
134 upvotes
Peterborough
Grayson M wrote:now.. i eat them all the tiem.. hell i love them.. they are delicious and awesome :D

people (typically of non-asian origin) have some problem with eating it for whatever reason.. im just wondering what is your reasoning behind not eating it..
Some folks just have trouble eating something so readily identifiable.

Meatloaf, steaks and burgers don't really look like a cow and a pork chop or bacon doesn't look like a pig. Chicken feet look like .. well, they look like chicken feet.

The mental disconnect some people need to be meat eaters just ain't there. Too much "Ew factor".
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2824 posts
51 upvotes
Ill eat any part of an animal as long as it is edible and cooked adn is delicious..

who cares if it looks nasty?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3833 posts
420 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I used to eat it when I was younger, but stopped since. Mainly because I'm lazy and hate eating things with so many bones in them, but also because you're pretty much just eating skin. Not much stuff on there. But, the sauce does taste good.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4625 posts
180 upvotes
Austin/Markham
its sooo gross, my coworker brought a box and was sharing it wid all the other co-workers. When i was offered some I said No, but I was thinking You disgusting ***** (i forgot how many characters in the word chinook) , unfortunately I;m on an island (Taiwan) rite now where ppl eat it, its like french fries in Canada, i try to avoid looking at it wid my eyes but tough sometimes.

Can't ppl respect animalz, bad enough u ate it, now u gotta eat his feet too, so maybe he hopping on stumps in heaven :confused:
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)